Notices to Mariners Week 1

tillergirl

Visit site
Yes in the world of the UKHO, it's 2014. Happy New Year - and there are no UKHO notices for our area this week.

I have caught up on Weeks 50 to 52 so you will need to select that menu as the page defaults to 2014.

It includes over the last three weeks:

AIS on the Outer Sand on the approaches to the Humber, on Newarp - east of Sea Palling, the SW Goodwin and MPC in the middle of the lanes twix Dover and Calais.
Some new depths around the Sunk Inner Precautionary Area but all around 14m so will not affect us.
Some new depths on the Thames between Purfleet and Gravesend - nothing though that would trouble us
The West Blyth PHB is now QR

In Temporary notices:

Some new positions (minor changes) to the harbour lights at Great Yarmouth and work on Bollard Quay wharf.
Oh and I have just remmebered I have to add the current Bradwell works - at night its lit up like a Christmas Tree and looks pretty large - that's at the Baffle Wall. I'll add the notice in the morning.

Apols for the gaps in service. I am afraid that I am back there around the middle of January again and the service will be interrupted again.

MoodySabre

Visit site
You are forgiven. Have a great Xmas.

Just read Bradwell newsletter. Red 7 Marine are back working from the marina for the winter - hope to be gone by Easter. They are trying to unblock the pipes from the power station to the baffle wall, they then intend to insert a smaller drainage pipe to allow for surface water to run off.

Last edited:

Marmalade

Visit site
As always Roger - inadequate thanks for your collation and interpretation of the NTM all year around. Really appreciated.

Essex Lad

www.colinjarman.co.uk
I've no doubt you're quite right. I was just trying to explain (to myself) the presence of the crane barge for so long. I had thought that perhaps they'd brought the demolition target date forwards.