Not the Royal Navy

lustyd

Visit site
Literally all of the news outlets ran the story. 10s of billions short on budget and using parts from one for the other. We can also see their berths from ours so it’s kind of obvious when there’s only ever one there. Can’t see anything suggesting there has been a change to the plan

capnsensible

Visit site
Literally all of the news outlets ran the story. 10s of billions short on budget and using parts from one for the other. We can also see their berths from ours so it’s kind of obvious when there’s only ever one there. Can’t see anything suggesting there has been a change to the plan
OK. Questions.

How are they tens of billions short on budget when the total cost for both was 7.6 billion?

What nation state wants to buy one?

Where do you think they are now and what are they doing?

What repair is being made to QE? And why?

Where do you get your news from? Counterfactual and misinformed sources, probably?

Seriously there is a lot of nonsense reported in some press sources. But I suppose that is the way things are and can't be discussed here. However if you search on Thinpinstripedline or Navy lookout, for example, you will find real news rather than click bait.

Hope this helps.

lustyd

Visit site
How are they tens of billions short on budget when the total cost for both was 7.6 billion?

What nation state wants to buy one?

Where do you think they are now and what are they doing?

What repair is being made to QE? And why?

Where do you get your news from? Counterfactual and misinformed sources, probably
Building and running are very different things. Running is far more lucrative/costly

Australia, under the new alliance. India also interested.

Well last I heard QE had had a fire and was being repaired. A few months back PoW was north of the border in dry dock being used for spares for QE. That may well have changed.

Standard UK news. All of them reported this including BBC.

capnsensible

Visit site
Building and running are very different things. Running is far more lucrative/costly

Australia, under the new alliance. India also interested.

Well last I heard QE had had a fire and was being repaired. A few months back PoW was north of the border in dry dock being used for spares for QE. That may well have changed.

Standard UK news. All of them reported this including BBC.
I think you are getting your wires crossed. Try a bit of research on the two sites I gave you.

India is building their own warships.

Australia under AUKUS want shared technology submarines.

HMS QE is docked in Rosyth undergoing maintenence and shaft coupling seal improvements. Minor fire damage was probably repaired ages ago.

HMS POW is nearing the end of a planned maintenence period in Pompey. The crew of all branches will also be undergoing continuation training. As is the air wing. Now this stuff actually is in the normal news.

Neither are for sale. Mebbe you share frustrations over mis reporting when people talk rubbish about AI as the military does when click bait nonsense appears in the news.

ImpImp

Visit site

If you're down London way I've got a bridge for sale.

Bouba

Visit site
Literally all the press have their heads stuck so far up their **** they can’t see that there are 2 carriers. To be fair, most mainstream outlets are merely incompetent rather than deliberately untruthful.
Except for the beeb who are deliberately untruthful....or at least pedal a new truth

Bouba

Visit site
Please go and get musk to reprogram your implant so that you start to makes sense.
You know the rules about discussing current affairs... and I cannot give examples that aren’t about the news....so it is a pointless and petty criticism

Mister E

Visit site
You seem to have learnt not to get threads closed, so congratulations for that.
Maybe next you could learn how sails work by doing a stint on a tall ship.