Not going to the show?

Strathglass

Visit site
Re: Getting to Excel

Yes John
It is by using my over 50's card on the bus from Inverness, Anywhere is the country for £10 return.

The travelling times are ok if you can stand it.

Leave Inverness early one evening, sleep all the way down, buy an all day tube ticket in London the next morning, breakfast at Covent Garden, arrive Earls Court about 20 mins before show opens, spend day at the show, an evening meal in Chinatown, a West End show, back on the bus at about 23.00 and back in Inverness about 11.30 the next day.
Last year we took the train down and it was terrible, cold and late both ways.

I went to SIBS last year by bus and everything went like clockwork.

When I have used the bus in the past a most important piece of kit is a pair of industrial ear protectors to keep the noise down, the driver announces each stop with regular monotony.

I agree with you that anything is better than Earls Court.

BTW it is not quite the Artic here yet. Yesterday was a very bright sunny day in spite of the light dusting of snow.

Iain

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by iainsimpson on 05/01/2003 17:59 (server time).</FONT></P>

Mirelle

N/A
Visit site
I need a few words with Blake\'s Paints

They sold me some very expensive stuff which purports to be "anti-fouling paint".

The weed and grass was clearly unaware of this fact, since it grew to a length of two inches all over the boat within six weeks of launching.

stevebirch2002

www.albinvega.co.uk
I have a great idea. Why not have a Boat Show at the end of the season somewhere on the coast - perhaps Southampton. We could call it "The Southampton Baot Show" and perhaps the boatbuilders could even put their yachts on the water. Fanciful thinking but who knows......

Albin Vega "Southern Comfort" V1703

whisper

Visit site
Re: Getting to Excel

Fantastic value even though it sounds rather tedious.
I'd never thought about "The Buses". I must tell my younger son about them as he's at Edinburgh Uni. and has now got in the habit of FLYING home to E.Mids. -typical spoilt student !!
Mind you he normally manages it for less than £25 return via GO or Bmi, which is cheaper than the train, including his student discount.
It is strange how railway privatisation has resulted in poor service & high cost whereas air "privatisation" has produced a better choice of destination with great value fares.

pvb

Visit site
Daren\'t go...

Always seem to buy a new boat! Or, worse still, find a boat I really really want, but really really can't afford.

bigmart

Visit site
Re: LIBS stuff

I manned a stand at a trade show in Excel last year.

The place looks good.

It was the worst attended show I have ever been to.

The organisers of the show were so impressed they have moved to Earls Court for their next offering.

Martin