Not a boat question (PC question)

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Help! Have reformated my hard drive but have lost the Driver for my graphics card. Windows has had a guess but only give me 640*480 res and 16 colours.

Does any one know of a decent site that I can get Drivers from without having to register/pay.

By the way it's a SIS6202 card.

Many thanks,
Pete

PS, KIM, Please feel free to delete when query resolved!

Samb

Visit site
Most company’s have all the drives for their hardware on their website. You don’t usually have to pay, ive never seen it before. So if you search for the manufacturers site you should be able to find a download in a support/drivers/download section for your particular driver. This is usually free as I said before because drivers are often updated, and since the manufacturer cannot re distribute a driver to all its customers it places it on a website for free :).

Samb

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Byron,
Many thanks and so prompt as well (8 minutes). I've had a look and it's a biggy 3.7m even zipped. I'll give it a go (if I can find PKUNZIP on my machine).

By the way, you don't do medical qustions as well do you? It's just that i've got this funny rash on the end of my..............

byron

RIP
Visit site
It may have an self-extractor on it, most do these days, if not go download a free copy of unzip from Tucows. As regards the rash on the wotsit, is there a burning sensation too? I suggest you pass this one to adarcy he's a Doctor. If his fees are too high try this, take it and caress it gently, place it in a doorway then slam the door on it. This will take your mind off the rash but may make the wax in your ears pop out. :)

ô¿ô
www.education-jobs.co.uk
www.alexander-advertising.co.uk<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by byron on Wed Nov 28 21:17:20 2001 (server time).</FONT></P>

G

It's worth looking through the CD's etc that came with your PC/components as it's surprising what resources are hidden on the disks.

Alternatively you may be able to use one of Windows' built in drivers which is compatible - you don't say what version (3.1/95/98/2000/XP) you're using, and I've just had a check which SiS cards Win2000 supports, but they don't include the SiS 6202... (unless it's the same as the 6326) - or if you're not afraid of diving in, whip the top off the box and see which chip the card uses - you may be able to use a compatible driver for that chip.

I guess that the SiS card is built into the motherboard?

Richard's tip - When you're buying hardware, don't bother with the flash all-singing-all-dancing-stuff, just get the gear which has built-in support for your version of Windows. Much easier to rebuild the rig when it goes screwey, which is always the week after the cat eats your driver and recovery disks! Or use an imaging software package like DriveCopy or Ghost to create a single-file recovery image. That's what we do commercially - spend time troubleshooting? Nah!

Best of luck with it!

G

Oh bugger, I've just looked at you profile, and I've probably told you what you already know!

The answer that you really wanted was probably just:

www.drivers.com

Ah... I've just checked it out and they've moved to driverguide.com and they want you to register!!

Not my night tonight, I'll just retire gracefully. Good luck!

G

freelance, mate.

(Assume that you've got a widescreen monitor to appreciate all of Jordan's assets? )

Anyway, "kids stuff" pays!!! (...well it does if you can appreciate the big picture)

BTW I used to live in Gloucester - much work up there, or do you travel?

Regards,
Rich.