North sea crossing in jul 14

alisdair4

midnightdrifter.net
I am looking for one crew member to make up the 3-man crew for a delivery trip from Brunsbüttel to Inverness in late Jul 14. One of my crew has had to drop out for business reasons, and while we could do the crossing 2-up, I would prefer the margin of safety which a 3rd pair of hands brings.

The boat is a Rival 32, with in-mast reefing and roller genoa, tiller-pilot and reasonable Mod Cons (AIS, Radar, Chartplotter etc).

The "deal" would be: I pay for a flight to Hamburg, overnight accomodation (well, DB&B chez moi -SWMBO isn't a bad cook),depart Brunsbüttel the following day, then, weather dependant, to: Helgoland, Peterhead and Inverness. I will cover the cost of a train fare back to wherever in UK, all food during the trip, and some beer/wine/Malt at the end.

This would suit someone (Day/Coastal Skipper?) trying to build up his miles, or just someone who fancies a long sail across the North Sea!

If genuinely interested, and able to commit this far in advance, please PM me.

Alisdair

Last edited:

alisdair4

midnightdrifter.net
I had no idea there was so much interest in the North Sea! I am currently in discussion with three fellow-forumites over rhis trip.

If one of them "fits", my search is over. In the meantime, please hold off from contacting me. If all of the 3 drop-out, I will refresh this post.

Thank you to everyone who has thus far expressed an interest.

Alisdair

Bikesailer

Visit site
I had no idea there was so much interest in the North Sea! I am currently in discussion with three fellow-forumites over rhis trip.

If one of them "fits", my search is over. In the meantime, please hold off from contacting me. If all of the 3 drop-out, I will refresh this post.

Thank you to everyone who has thus far expressed an interest.

Alisdair

They all want a sail in a real boat!

Angele

Visit site

They all want a sail in a real boat!

Also, the fact that all expenses are paid and he packs you off with a bottle of malt at the end. Methinks that, as an opener you could have been a tad lees generous to begin with. How about they have to buy you a bottle of whisky at the end?

alant

Visit site
Also, the fact that all expenses are paid and he packs you off with a bottle of malt at the end. Methinks that, as an opener you could have been a tad lees generous to begin with. How about they have to buy you a bottle of whisky at the end?

Very generous, compared to many posts on here!