Norman Cruisers

G

I bought a "Norman 32' " in Sept last year , brought it over here to Germany where I live Sept this year. Help! can any one tell me how much it weighs, also are there any ref books on the market /clubs firm info /anything!!!!!!! It would seem that everyone has heard of "Norman" boat's but that's about all. This is my first boat so I don't know where to look,also I'm a long way from England where it was made ,all help needed .

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Hi Frederick and welcome to the Motor Boat Funny Farm Forum!
The good news is that IMHO you have a very nice boat as I had one myself for five years or so until I got my Princess 32 in August last year. I actually do miss my Norman and had great fun on the Thames and the Wey.
They built very few 32's - I only ever saw one other and that looked very sorry for itself. Also came across one based in the Bristol Channel on a website but cant remember where. Norman long since gone out of business so no help there I'm afraid. Mine had a Mercedes OM636 4 cylinder diesel and was fitted with an Enfield Z Drive. I believe original fit engine was either a Watermota or an outboard.
Nothing you need to do or find as ongoing repairs and maintenance items should prove difficult. Probably best if you ask any specific questions as cant tell you everything off top of head!
Oh - weight - around 4 tons I think but definitely too heavy to carry.........
Im a photography freak so may have pics of some things you want to know...........

TonyR
boatone@boatsontheweb.com
www.boatsonthethames.co.uk

G

I think Norman cruisers are now Atlanta try them for info

johnS

boatmad2

Visit site
Normans of all sizes are often seen in boats for sale under £15000. Possibly using an adverts phone number you could contact a current owner for assistance.
I belive the 24FT Norman became the Atlanta. Ive also heard that some Normans
may have turned into Vikings.( Im sure the forum nutters will find a joke there somewhere.
Also look in boatsandoutboards.co.uk

tcm

Visit site
forum nutter attempts norman/viking joke

Normans turning into vikings would not be easy, but certainly some Vikings turned into Normans, so to speak.

As a little background, this will have been late september or early october 1066. King Harold Godwinson is now clattering doen the early version of the a1 (pre hutingdon bypass) having already being doin very well in his first european group match against the Vikings beating them 2-0 by killing both his half-brother Tostig and the viking leader Hardradha.

A cramped schedule and small squad meant that Harold had hardly any time to get together a new army, whilst William is already in Pevensey nr hastings and has plenty of time to recruit lots and lots of new soldiers from the surrounding area, and some of them were very skilled and Viking too. Swordsmen will have had access to better equipment in Norway, for example, so they will have been hired. Likewise those with pikestaffs. Quite few Viking archers definitely joined William's army, but their longbows were of a clumsier design. So they were told to aim high their arrows. Otherwise they might put someone's eye out.

G

Thanks for replying did answer but they all came back ...me and comps are like oil and water ......don't mix. Will keep informed ,enjoying the site bye!

G

Hi John S ,Thanks for replying any idea where I can find info on Atlanta boats that you sujested?

G

Hi Boatmad2. Thanks for the info .Did the "Boats for sale " mag thing and got just one replie , nice man sent me an old clipping of an advert that he had, but that was about all he could tell me. What I could do with is finding out if there are any records of boats made, or maybe old imployies(long shot). Going to put my boat on the scales (when the motor is back in ) just so as I've got a rough idea. Think the site is great ,think I might get my sence of humor back if I read long enough ( I hope ) .bye!

Other threads that may be of interest