Nordic Family Boat

Neil_Y

www.h4marine.com
I've just bought this 80's classic, are there any others on the forum who know them or have one? Any tips or advice on weak points or issues? Doesn't get launched until April/May so I have plenty of time to do some sorting and look at hull fittings, drive and rudder.

Tranona

Visit site
What is it that you have bought?

edit. Sorry! did not realise the title was the type of boat

Last edited:

BabaYaga

Visit site
You probably already have discovered this web site:
Klassförbundet för Nordisk Familjebåt
Put pieces through Google translate or similar if you want to read in English.

About 350 boats built in Sweden, Finland and Denmark between 1975 and abt. 1993.
Well regarded for sailing ability on all points of sail. Typically a boat for someone (here) who also enjoys racing.
Space below and headroom are on the small side. Most boats were sold for home completion, so quality may vary.

I have raced one, briefly. We managed to broach and break the goose neck in +30 knots of wind on the quarter. Abandoned (the race).

Neil_Y

www.h4marine.com
There are various articles about boat maintenance, etc. at the Swedish NF class association website: Klassförbundet för Nordisk Familjebåt . Google Translate does a fairly good job with them. They have a Facebook group, and you can be sure most Swedes will understand English if you go there and ask questions.
Thanks, maybe a trip to Finland one day.