No Sign of the Credit Crunch in West Wales!

D and G

West Wales - Boat- princess 25 called Jardice Deux
Visit site
Hi All,
Got called into work so boat viewing will be at the weekend fingers crossed,gave the Mrs some homework to visit Milford and Neyland Marinas and Rudders Boatyard, both Mariners full with a 12 to 18 month waiting list, worst case scenario a swing mooring at Rudders Boatyard,same story there, so thought with the doom and gloom credit crunch a few people would have sold their toys and free up some space, so much for that idea. Rudders did suggest contacting Milford Port Authority to ask for permission to install a new swing mooring so waiting on their reply.

Bouba

Visit site
Hi All,
Got called into work so boat viewing will be at the weekend fingers crossed,gave the Mrs some homework to visit Milford and Neyland Marinas and Rudders Boatyard, both Mariners full with a 12 to 18 month waiting list, worst case scenario a swing mooring at Rudders Boatyard,same story there, so thought with the doom and gloom credit crunch a few people would have sold their toys and free up some space, so much for that idea. Rudders did suggest contacting Milford Port Authority to ask for permission to install a new swing mooring so waiting on their reply.
I keep thinking the same thing here every time there is a recession....you know the dream, where the captain of the port writes you a begging letter to take the best place in the marina....it never happens....I think economists call it inelastic (or is it elastic 🤔) price doesn’t change demand....that’s why staff at ports can be smug

Momac

Visit site
If folks have sold up the boat has to be kept somewhere.

Where I am there have been more boats leaving than arriving leaving spaces in the marina.
Unfortunately not in where you wish to be.
Sounds like boats are moving west where I admit the scenery is much nicer and the sea a better colour than the East Coast.

D and G

Visit site
I keep thinking the same thing here every time there is a recession....you know the dream, where the captain of the port writes you a begging letter to take the best place in the marina....it never happens....I think economists call it inelastic (or is it elastic 🤔) price doesn’t change demand....that’s why staff at ports can be smug
Well when my lottery win comes in will open a marina lol

D and G

Visit site
If folks have sold up the boat has to be kept somewhere.

Where I am there have been more boats leaving than arriving leaving spaces in the marina.
Unfortunately not in where you wish to be.
Sounds like boats are moving west where I admit the scenery is much nicer and the sea a better colour than the East Coast
The Mrs said Neyland was her favourite today and has put us on the waiting list. She is in the ideal location for the Medway and Thames, loved the Thames when we rented a boat earlier this year that broke down ending our holiday in say 2 so feel need to see more of the Thames,just the 5 hour drive each way that kills it

SP2

www.rightsofway.co.uk
Have you considered Dale Sailing’s Dry Stack? They recently said they had some spaces. Next to Neyland Marina. I did a season there with a Merry Fisher 695. They can go up to about 9 metres I believe. Well organised and launch usually within an hour of texting them.

D and G

Visit site
Have you considered Dale Sailing’s Dry Stack? They recently said they had some spaces. Next to Neyland Marina. I did a season there with a Merry Fisher 695. They can go up to about 9 metres I believe. Well organised and launch usually within an hour of texting them.
Denise did say the lady at Neyland suggested that, but Dee fancies popping down and having a few beers and soaking up the atmosphere when she is afloat, does make sense and as it's roughly 1 hour and 20 mins from us if they get them afloat that quick may be it's a viable option, will get her to give them a call tomorrow

SP2

www.rightsofway.co.uk
Denise did say the lady at Neyland suggested that, but Dee fancies popping down and having a few beers and soaking up the atmosphere when she is afloat, does make sense and as it's roughly 1 hour and 20 mins from us if they get them afloat that quick may be it's a viable option, will get her to give them a call tomorrow
Be launched at Dale Dry Stack. Head upriver to Lawrenny. Moor to the pub’s pontoon and walk ashore for beer, food or whatever you fancy. Look down on your boat. Head back downriver. Moor at Dale Sailing. Let them recover and wash off. Alternatively head off from Dale Sailing. Cruise around a bit. Pop into Neyland as a short term visitor. Wander up to the office and pay your visitor fee. Go to The Bar or Manillas for refreshments. Look down at your boat. When conditions allow, head down to Dale. Moor to pontoon. Walk ashore. Go to pub or buy ice cream. Or head in to Milford Marina for a short term visit. Plenty to see and eat there.

Go onto a marina waiting list whilst you wait. I’d personally avoid a swinging mooring but I’m sure others will have a different view. Lawrenny May have swinging moorings available.

If you want to eat and drink on your new boat then there is the anchor (our preference) or mooring buoys for short term use or several free pontoons on The Haven.

Good luck.

ColleyV8

Visit site
I've been on Neyland waiting list for 2 years, every year they send an email asking if you want to stay on it, boats for sale ask more than other places if the mooring is with the boat

D and G

Visit site
Be launched at Dale Dry Stack. Head upriver to Lawrenny. Moor to the pub’s pontoon and walk ashore for beer, food or whatever you fancy. Look down on your boat. Head back downriver. Moor at Dale Sailing. Let them recover and wash off. Alternatively head off from Dale Sailing. Cruise around a bit. Pop into Neyland as a short term visitor. Wander up to the office and pay your visitor fee. Go to The Bar or Manillas for refreshments. Look down at your boat. When conditions allow, head down to Dale. Moor to pontoon. Walk ashore. Go to pub or buy ice cream. Or head in to Milford Marina for a short term visit. Plenty to see and eat there.

Go onto a marina waiting list whilst you wait. I’d personally avoid a swinging mooring but I’m sure others will have a different view. Lawrenny May have swinging moorings available.

If you want to eat and drink on your new boat then there is the anchor (our preference) or mooring buoys for short term use or several free pontoons on The Haven.

Good luck.
Thanks for your reply,it paints a lovely picture and think we would enjoy it, will give the dry Stack a call as their email is bouncing back

Reactions: SP2

D and G

Visit site
I've been on Neyland waiting list for 2 years, every year they send an email asking if you want to stay on it, boats for sale ask more than other places if the mooring is with the boat
Won't hold my breath then lol. The sensible option would be to buy a trailer and 4x4 not sure were the launch ramps are and cost in West Wales but may prove cheaper long term but open to all options at the moment as don't fancy the five hour drive each way to the current mooring

SP2

www.rightsofway.co.uk
Won't hold my breath then lol. The sensible option would be to buy a trailer and 4x4 not sure were the launch ramps are and cost in West Wales but may prove cheaper long term but open to all options at the moment as don't fancy the five hour drive each way to the current mooring
If you have a trailer Rudders do a store and launch service during the summer. There are slipways on the Haven but launching your own boat into the tideway with the tidal range adds another level of challenge.

D and G

Visit site
If you have a trailer Rudders do a store and launch service during the summer. There are slipways on the Haven but launching your own boat into the tideway with the tidal range adds another level of challenge.
Think the Haven may be a bit too much of a challenge for my skill set lol, Denise said Rudders were a great help so be good to work with them, for me the dry Stack at sale sailing would be ideal

GrahamHR

Visit site
It's a shame Holyhead marina has gone, never to reappear as an incarnation of the original or the ambitious Stena alternative development of the Newry Beach waterfront. A really nice base for exploration of the North Wales coastline.