no' plate for your car

xyachtdave

Visit site
thats just to get it to the top of the ebay listing he will take £700 which if it fits your circumstances then its not a bad price

Sorry, didn't scroll down. Your thread caught my eye as I have just been looking for a plate for my new V8 american super truck.

The DVLA website is off line for maintenance so can't buy the one I want :-(

Big engines..... I could be coming over to the dark side soon......

Wandering Star

Visit site
So, I'm interested in how much my Y17CHT plate is worth? After having my car written off in a police pursuit and with no plans to replace it as we want to move to Ireland soonish, I put it on retention with the DVLA for purpose of selling it. How much is it worth?

Cheers, Brian.

lanerboy

Visit site
So, I'm interested in how much my Y17CHT plate is worth? After having my car written off in a police pursuit and with no plans to replace it as we want to move to Ireland soonish, I put it on retention with the DVLA for purpose of selling it. How much is it worth?

Cheers, Brian.

more than the one i posted about i think Y17CHT is a great number and as we know there are plenty of very rich people with yachts ;)

jfm

Visit site
Blimey YA11GHT is nothing like yacht. Would look pants, like a really bad effort. Y17CHT is much better.

Essex Boatyards own 80ATS and have it on one of their range rovers

Golden Time

Visit site

Cheers, Brian.

In reality its worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

I saw mine on a website about 9 years ago for £750. I offered £500 but was willing to pay up to £650 and a couple of days later the broker got back to me and said the seller had accepted. Most of the DVLA issued ones start at £599, there are the occasional ones for £250/£399 but they tend to be ones that mean nothing except to the buyer.

I have B19 DJO, but the same broker was also selling B19 DAN. The latter was listed for £9000.

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site

Cheers, Brian.

If the car's been written off with the plate still on it, you will have lost the entitlement. You need to have moved it to a retention cert before it's declared as scrapped to the dvla.

Cheers
Jimmy

MRC

Visit site
Blimey YA11GHT is nothing like yacht. Would look pants, like a really bad effort. Y17CHT is much better.

Essex Boatyards own 80ATS and have it on one of their range rovers

Friend of mine was bidding against them on that one. There was no way he was going to win against their deeper pockets.

He ended up with BOA7S instead. Not quite as good but looks better on his car than it looks written on here. In pretty sure he would sell it too, like a lot of plates, great idea at the time but then come back up for sale when the novelty runs a little thin.

Everyone has their own views, I own a handful of private plates and sometimes quite like them. I have a really nice one with my wife's initials and she really is not a fan and would t want one on her car. I can see both sides. I think as a business, a plate that reflects it works well, especially in the case of 80ATS.

On a tangent, at the next auction there is a plate which caught my eye.

8OLX

£400 reserve.

Wandering Star

Visit site
If the car's been written off with the plate still on it, you will have lost the entitlement. You need to have moved it to a retention cert before it's declared as scrapped to the dvla.

Cheers
Jimmy
The salvage company allowed me 28 days to do the retention thing, I do have it on retention and the car was written off with the re-allocated original number.

Re the post from another forumite about the police pursuit, I didn't know much about it, a car suddenly shot out of a junction tried to turn left onto the main road, lost control and hit me broadside at 60 mph. as I was spinning I saw a couple of police cars and my befuddled brain thought "that was quick" thinking (as I was still spinning) that someone had called the police and notified them of the accident! I later learned the car which hit me was being pursued by 4 police cars.The driver scarpered and the when interviwed the registered owner claims he sold the car 2 days earlier to an unknown person. The police discovered the registered owners phone in the wreckage but the registered owner claimed he'd lost it prior to the sale. The phone is presently being forensically examined to see if it had been used after it was "lost".

Assassin

Visit site
Bought a mate C1JNT several years ago, he still has it on his car and it still applies to him according to many.