no nay never - £50+ henderson mk1 service kit

Tintin

Visit site
I cant be bothered to change my mk 1 henderson pump for a newer one cos it works.

But when i went to replace the perished diaphragm i needed a lie down after being told the service kit was over £50.

So what i did was get some thick compressed neoprene (£5) meant for gasket repairs and made my own. It took about 30 mins including drilling the holes.

This only seems possible on the mk 1 cos it has a flat diaphragm.

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
Sorry, but you have overspent. I acquired (free) a burst tractor innertube (utterly HUGE) and cut 3 diaphragms out of it, 2 are still sitting in my spares locker 5 years later, in case it doesn't last long!!! :D

daveyw

Visit site
Sorry, but you have overspent. I acquired (free) a burst tractor innertube (utterly HUGE) and cut 3 diaphragms out of it, 2 are still sitting in my spares locker 5 years later, in case it doesn't last long!!! :D

You missed a trick there. Should have cut out 100 and sold them on ebay for £49.

ianat182

Visit site
Slightly off the thread ,but I have some bits from a Simpson Lawrence SL400 loo,mainly the large diaphragm,that must be close to hen's teeth for those SL400 owners, anyone need one PM me with address and cover postage.

ianat182

Topcat47

Visit site
I'm surprised you can get anything for the Mk1. I've got one spares set for my Mk4 and that's it. I'm stuffed if any of the valves go. Still i can always fit the lid from a Mk5, then I can use Mk5 parts......that's the long term plan, anyway.

Last edited: