No dredging progress at Watchet?

Praxinoscope

Visit site
The big relief we have, is that the situation with the Marine Group has hopefully completely stopped them agreeing with our local council to take over the ‘management’ of Aberaeron harbour, with their ‘smoke and mirrors’ presentation on their proposals to create a marina.
Heard yesterday that staff at Aberystwyth have finally been paid for November, but not for December/January.
But to answer the OP, would I pay my fees in advance? For the present I would prefer the money in my account rather transfer it to one which has questions over it.

Last edited:

TSB240

Visit site
Stopped to have a quick look yesterday. Marina seemed to be a complete sea of mud:( Dredger was still there though.

Reports from other sites are that Dredger crews have only just been paid in both Cardiff and Watchet. No diesel available and now the dredger at Watchet needs extensive repairs blown head gasket included.

Seems strange that the CEO is quoted as going to receive significant 1st quarter increase in income from dredging when his key asset is broken down in. Watchet .

The word is out that most berth holders in all Welsh marinas are not taking up the usual early bird promotion for annual berthing, Some are reported as relocating due to threats of intimidation for speaking out about broken promises of dredging and facility improvements.

Staff have not been paid on time for over 6 months and payments are still owed for at least a month in all marinas.
Quality shir3s8de facilities are no longer being serviced with a lack of diesel supply and brand quality washroom facilities withdrawn at all marinas including Cardiff.

Surely a company with such big assets can sell one off to pay wages unless of course those assets may be valueless or the cost of holding them is now over and above their dwindling revenue stream.

I am surprised that yachting publications are not reporting these issues now being highlighted in at least three regional press organisations.

38mess

Visit site
I was in Cardiff marina yesterday looking at a boat for sale.
Toilets are open, nice and warm in there. Showers nice and hot . Also a few staff cleaning the pontoons and generally working. Can't speak for other Marinas in the group.
I can confirm that there is no diesel available. Penarth Marina has fuel

Praxinoscope

Visit site
Toilets are open, nice and warm in there. Showers nice and hot . Also a few staff cleaning the pontoons and generally working. Can't speak for other Marinas in the group.

This sounds logical to me, if I were running a business that seemed to have problems, I would concentrate upon the unit that was the largest on my portfolio, the most likely to provide the maximum income and profit with minimum major expenditure required, and keep my working on the ‘satellite’ units that require extra investment, to an absolute minimum.The Marine Group Cardiff Marina is surely their prime site and therefore it makes sense keep this site as trouble free as possible.
Harbours such as Watchet and Burry Port are relatively small and require high maintenance levels but won’t provide the degrees of income that can be achieved in Cardiff.

Last edited:

TSB240

Visit site
Thanks for the feed back. Some berth holders there are now in communication with others in the extensive group. There are in fact other issues that possibly show signs of lack of expenditure including growing outstanding repairs and a lack of diesel supply.
Parent company is triggering all the debt agency alarms... It seems that berth holders concerns may cause further cashflow problems as awareness grows of the groups woes at their prime site.