No boating for me this weekend

Ramage

Visit site
I will be spending the weekend at Twickeree.

Twickeree is a Scouting event held in Marble Hill Park Twickenham. (On the Middlesex bank of the Thames).

It has been held every three years since 1935, and is a large camp of all the Scout Groups in Richmond Upon Thames. Twickeree is open to the public on Saturday & Sunday. There will be lots of activities and arena displays to see.

Ramage

Visit site
Pop in if you are passing!

I know there is at least one other former Scout from Twickenham District on here (in addition to us)... He was with 1st Teddington... any guesses who?

Ramage

Visit site
Not as long ago as when I was a Scout at 3rd Teddington... (1971-1976!!)

Since then I have been Group Scout Leader at 1st Teddington, and now I am an Explorer Scout Leader at Petersham & Ham Sea Scouts as well as helping with "Nexus", Richmond's new Scout Network for 18-25s.

Richmond District has two RN Recognised Sea Scout Groups, Petersham & Ham and 1st Hampton Hill.

We also have an RAF recognised Air Scout Group - 7th Teddington.

Captain Coochie

Visit site
Hmmmmmm where you the sea scout group that had first dibs on the dutch barge with lay boards between Twickenham and Richmond ? I was third in line for that baby via the PLA but the second in line took it on . Made a nice job of it aswell .

Ramage

Visit site
Hmmmmmm where you the sea scout group that had first dibs on the dutch barge with lay boards between Twickenham and Richmond ? I was third in line for that baby via the PLA but the second in line took it on . Made a nice job of it aswell .

Not sure... it would be before my involvement if they did. They certainly don't have one nowadays!

SnowCat

Visit site
Ha Rebellion is the rower! I steer the boat. No boards, so out tonight with 'The Women's Crew' ! Had fun playing chicken with the Yarmouth Belle who was busy overtaking & on the left hand side of the river. :rolleyes:

Captain Coochie

Visit site
Errrrrrrrrr there are no sides to the river . Big boats need the depth of water so they take a course they need . You pass port to port and if you have a shallow draft you budge over to give them the water .
Blimey , you must know that :confused: