Nice little video from Brightlingsea harbour showing correct entrance.

rich

www.portofjersey.je
I as there in June, we dried out on the posts , so that we could renew the seals on Brigands sail drives, supposedly should be done every couple of years,
Had nice meal in the pub, steak & kidney pie.

Marmalade

Visit site
The Raj in Tower St changed hands a while ago and has been excellent since.

Time for a visit then! On a serious note... we've always loved Brightlingsea and having spent some years sailing from Marconi consider it a second home of sorts - but these days I find it harder to explain why it makes sense to spend £30 for a night with no power, no water, no walk ashore access to the town when I can anchor in a dozen places and (not) get all that for free!
Kovalam (very different menu to all the other curry houses we ever go to) was the one hook that kept pulling us back.

Supine Being

Visit site
Shame about the Kovalam, although the quality was patchy in later years. The Rosebud pub is worth the hike for good food, beer and wine, and the views from the garden are lovely on a summer's evening.

RivalRedwing

Visit site
Time for a visit then! On a serious note... we've always loved Brightlingsea and having spent some years sailing from Marconi consider it a second home of sorts - but these days I find it harder to explain why it makes sense to spend £30 for a night with no power, no water, no walk ashore access to the town when I can anchor in a dozen places and (not) get all that for free!
Kovalam (very different menu to all the other curry houses we ever go to) was the one hook that kept pulling us back.

Go into the marina? Granted it is not a thing of beauty and has tide constraints