New Yacht Prices

G

Can anyone point me in the direction of a comprehensive list of new yacht prices?

Can't find anything anywhere to look at whats available in a certain price range.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

David Jones
davidjones480@hotmail.com

Strathglass

Visit site
The most comprehensive info available on new boat prices is that published for boat shows. Either as the catalogue for the show itself or as listed by the various magazines as the *complete show guide* There were various copies published for Southampton and I am sure that a similar flock will be published for Earls Court.

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
If you find one David please let us know. I have been looking as well and found that generally that you have to contact the UK importer or regional distributor (for makes like Beneteau) to get a price. They will often be different for the same boat as delivery and commissioning charges vary. One other way is to use the search engine from this site which can include new boats.

One open question I have is, with the economy slowing down a liitle(?) and it being a buyers market, does anyone know what sort of discounts are available on new boats?

chrisc

Visit site
I was at Southampton boat show ,seriously looking, I was offered price lists but no
deals. telephoned several dealers on continent and was offered what amounts to
15 per cent of UK prices (after all taxes paid ) on same yachts.+ better service
(I know the service is better I have done it before) I am also sure prices will drop
in next six months.

JeremyF

Visit site
I dont think there is much benefit in publishing prices, unless they are on the basis os like-for-like. There is a vast difference between the specs of mid-market boats, with huge differences in delivery and commissioning charges, for example. So, the price comparison should include D&C, Hot water, shore power, or whatever makes a level playing field.

I'm really looking for a nearly new Bav 34. The new prices seem to be softening, but there is little sign of second-hand prices reflecting the economic reality.

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Price means what?

Bear in mind that whatever the sticker price is, you'll need to spend a good deal more to get a shiny new boat up to anything like a usefully-equipped cruising or racing yacht.

Northshore (which starts off with a fairly generous inventory) once told me I should allow between 15 and 25% of the new cost, to add extra stuff. Things like coloured and storm sails, nav and performance electronics, kedge, extra anchor chain, charts, flares, spinnaker sheets and pole, secondary sheet winches, lifejackets, liferaft, dan buoy, dinghy and outboard, crockery and cutlery, wooden bungs, extra warps and fenders, hand bearing compass, binoculars, engine and pump spares, upgrade to full battened main, etc.

G

I have finaly decided on & ordered my first boat, a new Ocean 760, but not before I had spent more than 6 months going around the brookers/yards in the South East and spending alot of money on surveys looking at the second hand market before coming to the decision to look at buying a new boat.

At the time I thought this would be a fairly simple affair to get onto the net, quick search and find a comprehensive list of builders, models and prices. Sadly this was not the case and found myself spending increasing time on searching the builders web site to find what I was looking for. I must also point out that the various sailing publications where not much help as I found it difficult to find any reviews on boats in my price range, max £25K.

It was only a visit to the boat show at Southampton this year and having sea trials in 4 boats that I finaly made my decission, nearly a year to the day that I started looking.