New User or what?

Piers

www.playdeau.com
I've been using the forum for as long as I dare to remember, with a short break whilst the new MBM format was created. So to have the title "new user" is somewhat out of date, and I'd like to change it.

But how? Anyone know? And can I choose my own title? Scarry....

Piers

Piers du Pre
Cruising & MBM enthusiast

DepSol

Visit site
Just send loads of replies to old messages as I think it goes on how many times you've answered or logged in!!!

Dom

G

You're new until 10, regular after 30 or mebbe fifty. It used to be that you were an "addict" after 50 (or a hundred?) but I asked them nicely to stop that, so now everyone is regular. Cept you, yer jonnie come lately ....:)

G

Re: Porky Alert averted

June 20, Forum er forum:

"Erm it's not very nice having "addict" as a title. If it's merely a number, soon all the contributors will be addicts too. And unless one knows that this is calculated, it looks as tho I have actually classed myself as an addict. Can I just stay regular, and I promise no more testing to see what the next limit is."

Very well behaved indeed, specially for me.

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
The title 'new user' applies to people with 1-9 posts. Hit the 10th one (as you did this weekend with your sudden prolific splurge of posts, Piers) and you become a 'regular'. We did originally have further ranks that would have become automatically applied further up the scale but scrapped the lot because we:

a) couldn't agree what those ranks should be (the default ones were terrible) and

b) thought it might simply encourage a few to hit the 'continue' key as many times as they could before terminal boredom crept in.

FYI we still think the 'new user' term is useful, not least to alert regular users to new input.

G

Re: Regular?

ooh no. We all know we only need one copy in the loo. Not seven.

jfm

Visit site
Re: Porky Alert reduced to pan pan

Ah yes that old trick of a quotation written verbatim but taken out of context.

As aide memoir see Kim's point b, only it's not a case of someone might, but someone did..... though only about 150 times, to be fair

JFM