New to living aboard What about Buster

Gull

Visit site
No super yacht yet, still waiting on my lottery numbers coming through ! We have an Oceanis 500 so Crew cabin not too tiny and will not be leaving them everyday and if left then not for hours on end. They are chewers and are :eek: crate trained and quite happy with it. Sleep in it at night and if we go out, done so since puppies and no problems. Not in it during day unless they take themselves there as door open. Our thinking is crew cabin will be same idea. Each to their own. I know sounds horrible to some but works for us and lots of others I know. No different to being in kennels, but at least with us never left more than 2 hours. Sorry I made you join thread when you really didn't want to ;)

ukmctc

out cruising, sailing around UK and Europe
Visit site
April, was also a rescue dog and she went everywere I went, I had a Hunter 701, then a Folkboat, then moved onto a Trapper then Moody. She went onboard and stayed because I asked her to, she didn't like it at all. I've met and seen many dogs on boats who are all willing and some not so, but the dogs generally seem to want to please the owner. A bit like the wife and the boat too.....lol

DownWest

Visit site
Not a contender in this, but, dogs adapt their reactions to suit their masters apparent wishes. Perhaps some do it better than others?

With cats, you know exactly were you stand. Indentured servant.

Edit: Just remembered a guy living in board in Ferragudo. If his cat,Diablo, fancied a trip ashore, he just jumped in and swam there. On coming back, he could not get back on the boat but managed the dinghy. Then cried untill noticed and hauled in.

Last edited: