New Sunglasses - 7 Eye?

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
I have a friend who has a pair of 7 Eye sunglasses from the US of A and was impressed with her comments about them as they have a good UV rating, can be supplied with prescription and polaroid lens . Thankfully, I've found a UK supplier.

I am about to see the opticians for my two yearly check up I wondered if anybody uses a prescription pair of the brand for sailing?

scottie

Visit site
I have a friend who has a pair of 7 Eye sunglasses from the US of A and was impressed with her comments about them as they have a good UV rating, can be supplied with prescription and polaroid lens . Thankfully, I've found a UK supplier.

I am about to see the opticians for my two yearly check up I wondered if anybody uses a prescription pair of the brand for sailing?
Always used prescription sun glasses but not heard of this make but it looks hard core
Didn’t stop cataract's though
Polaroid doesn’t work for me on instruments

Scubadoo

Visit site
Same here, changed to prescription sun glasses some time ago, one thing to note, polarised glasses can show up heat / black spots on windscreens whether a boat or car.

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
Always used prescription sun glasses but not heard of this make but it looks hard core
Didn’t stop cataract's though
Polaroid doesn’t work for me on instruments
I have a friend who is an ophthalmic lecturer at the local university and who sails. She is extremely keen on UV eye protection.

At my last appointment I had a 3-D scan of my eyeball, quite amazing what they could pick up and have a couple of small cataracts (normal for my age) and want to add as much protection as I can.

Not sure about 'hard core', I am more a function over fashion type.

What are these instruments you speak of, I turn my face to the wind and work from there. The sextant has lots of sun shields. ;)

To be honest I rarely look at the instruments. They are there for others to look at and get worried over.

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
I have a friend who is an ophthalmic lecturer at the local university and who sails. She is extremely keen on UV eye protection.

At my last appointment I had a 3-D scan of my eyeball, quite amazing what they could pick up and have a couple of small cataracts (normal for my age) and want to add as much protection as I can.

Not sure about 'hard core', I am more a function over fashion type.

What are these instruments you speak of, I turn my face to the wind and work from there. The sextant has lots of sun shields. ;)

To be honest I rarely look at the instruments. They are there for others to look at and get worried over.
Some brands of instrument are more affected by polarised glasses than others. I’ve recently been racing on a different boat, and was quite surprised to find that it’s expensive and brand new Raymarine colour displays were barely visible to me. So have had to resort to exactly that, and some telltales on the shrouds. My own Garmin instruments are fine with the same eyes and the same glasses.

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
Some brands of instrument are more affected by polarised glasses than others. I’ve recently been racing on a different boat, and was quite surprised to find that it’s expensive and brand new Raymarine colour displays were barely visible to me. So have had to resort to exactly that, and some telltales on the shrouds. My own Garmin instruments are fine with the same eyes and the same glasses.
Thankfully, I don't have Raymarine on the boat, though I do sail on one that is all Raymarine.

Why does a company make the user interface so complicated?

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
Thankfully, I don't have Raymarine on the boat, though I do sail on one that is all Raymarine.

Why does a company make the user interface so complicated?
Complication is just an unwanted side effect of having so much info available. The lack of readability is presumably a design compromise, clarity and brightness of colour against readability via polarising filters. They are really nice in that respect compared to Garmin, as long as you remove your glasses to see anything other than digits with clarity and colour. My glasses are prizm polarized Oakleys, don’t ask me what that means, I merely repeat their name for whatever they’ve done, so that others know what to expect. They are the best I’ve ever had visually, and by quite a margin. Just not with Raymarine, sadly.