new riverside pub at Maidenhead

oldgit

Visit site
For the hard of understanding and for somebody who values somewhere to moor and eat without a 5k hike where is this ?.
With reference to a lock would be useful.
The icing on the cake would the possibility of reserving a mooring when booking a meal.

PeterBoater

Visit site
For the hard of understanding and for somebody who values somewhere to moor and eat without a 5k hike where is this ?.
With reference to a lock would be useful.
The icing on the cake would the possibility of reserving a mooring when booking a meal.
'Find Us' on their website will tell you.

Reactions: Obi

Northern Star

Visit site
The Broom brigade from Windsor will love it.

Looks like it is just along from the bridge and the Roux restaurant.

I think I will stick with Wetherspoons or my own drinks cabinet! :love:

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
It can be shallow between the islands where the smaller eyot is, obviously.

Entering from downstream the channel is very narrow and no doubt the natives will be displeased by gin palaces and so will the scout base and the kids in canoes.

Could be problematic plus if Ralph has any tackle up at Boulters there is significant flow around those islands.

Odd coincidence I just went over the Brunel sounding arch on a GWR train 30 seconds ago...

Chris_d

Visit site
The depth is ok, we reguarly when going upstream go that way from the bridge to Boulters just for a change, 1m draft and no issues, it is shallow in the gaps between the islands though. We have also moored where the pub is and walked elsewhere to eat when it was the showroom for the development.
I think the problem will be it will be too popular with boaters and the moorings will be constantly full if they let you stop there at all, can't see those moorings remaining empty for long too much potential money to be made.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
I think those moorings are going to be let on yearly contracts.
There were moorings there before but they were emptied a few yars ago. The pontoons were eventually removed quite recently.
Apparently the site (lease?) was sold for £600k recently and moorings will again be let there.

DogsBody

Visit site
Haven't been that side of the islands for some years now, so decided to do so on our way up river today. Can confirm no issues with depth (I saw approx 1.5m minimum depth). The new pub / restaurant looked nice and was certainly busy. May well give it a try, if the moorings allow restaurant users to stay overnight.

Parabordi

Visit site
Haven't been that side of the islands for some years now, so decided to do so on our way up river today. Can confirm no issues with depth (I saw approx 1.5m minimum depth). The new pub / restaurant looked nice and was certainly busy. May well give it a try, if the moorings allow restaurant users to stay overnight.
Blimey long time no see!!