New propellers

Geoffs

Visit site
9320CB50-9DA4-464F-832A-BBC414AF89C1.jpeg
Bought some new stainless steel H series Volvo props to replace the NiBrAl G series on my DPH drive.

One of the blades on the four bladed prop has a small defect..

I’m wondering if this is significant and should I reject it. There’s also a tiny nick down towards the left in the photo. They’re not cheap, of course, the supplier says performance will not be affected. What do propeller experts think.

julians

Visit site
Hard to tell from photo, but it does look like it wouldn't affect performance. However if you paid for perfect, they are not perfect.....

I'd probably decide that life is too short to argue, go through the hassle of sending back etc, but you may be of a different mindset

Last edited:

Geoffs

Visit site
Hard to tell from photo, but it does look like it wouldn't affect performance. However if you paid for perfect, they are not perfect.....

I'd probably decide that life is too short to argue, go through the hassle of sending back etc, but you may be of a different mindset
Thanks for your thoughts, Julians. I was leaning towards your way of thinking, but the supplier has been most helpful, arranging for collection and replacements. So hopefully some perfect new ones on the way.