New Landing Stage

ChrisP

Visit site
How will they enforce it?
Seems a bit short sighted Moorings usually invite passing boaters to come into the village and use the shop & pubs. I would have thought in these days of struggling village life the extra custom would have been welcomed.

Yet another example of uninformed local government?

BarryD

Visit site
Makes sense, those that paid for the work i.e the villagers get to use it. Would they permit visitors with a nominal £3 / £5 mooring charge?

Barry D.

miket

Visit site
I believe I am correct in saying that the field immediately above this proposed site is owned by a farmer who allows overnight mooring.
Access to the village from the field is no problem.

Why does the village need a landing stage, presumably pretty small, when there is about 300 yards of river bank right next to it.

If I am correct it does sound like local government idiocy. Have they considered the ongoig cost of the levy by EA for putting in piles?

byron

RIP
Visit site
Actually Mike, the field you refer to is NOT owned by the Farmer, the owner doesn't allow mooring he just can't be bothered to enforce no moorings. As a matter of interest the fields above me have no mooring signs up, these are not erected with the consent of the owner, they have been put up by the village fishing club who have no rights and pay no rents etc. to fish there.

©2001
www.education-jobs.co.uk
www.advertising.mcmail.com