New Crew

muckypup

Visit site
Well.. maybe not for a few years yet but...

At 8:30am this morning my daughter Eloise Lucy (technically the i should have an accent on it - pronounced ell-o-weeze) was born after a very short but extremely painful labor. At 8lb 15oz she was a difficult birth and had to be resuscitated and mummy had to spend 3 hours in surgery under full general anesthetic.

Everything eventually turned out ok and I left Eloise (or elly for short) greedly feeding and went home for a fish'n'chip and champagne supper. Last time I slept was 46 hours ago. Just one more glass of the bubbly and it's bedtime.

Steve

FullCircle

Visit site
Well done Mum! Hope both are now doing well.
I suspect your are asleep now. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AliM

Visit site
Congratulations.

I'm glad everything has worked out well. Now the hard work and sleep deprivation really begins. But, don't worry, it only lasts 20 years or so!

muckypup

Visit site
5 weeks... good luck. I hope your delivery is a lot less stressful than ours.. (Mooring up blindfolded in a force 10 would be less stress than yesterday).

ok.. I will not mention the pain any more, or the screaming /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Emma is going to have to be kept in for a few days "under observation". Baby probably doing the best of any of us.

S.

AliM

Visit site
There is an unspoken conspiracy amongst new mothers not to talk about the pain to their pregnant friends. The fathers fondly think that we forget it - we don't!

(My youngest is coming up to 28.)

Don't worry Vreny - it will all be fine - Good luck.

muckypup

Visit site
You might not forget, but when you see your son or daughter for the very first time it makes it all worthwhile.

S.

muckypup

Visit site
IMG_2030.jpg

Let me sleep... please daddy.

/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

muckypup

Visit site
I think she is going to look more like her mother than me... it's probably lucky for her!

now... I wonder if fisher price do admiralty charts?

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

S.