New Boat, now we need kid friendly crew! Oh, and how do we change our name on here?

Laurin

Visit site
OK so we are finally proud owners of our new boat, a Contest 32CS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WltSudKEMIU). So not quite the Vancouver 32 we were looking for, but similar with more accomodation and an extra stick. It's in Fox's at the moment and just needs antifouling so looks highly likely we'll be bringing her to the fitting up supper. HOWEVER

We would really like some crew! Would be nice to have at least one more adult on board for our first longish trip with 2 kids. Have a couple of berths (or possibly more if we are all good friends) if anybody is interested in sailing with a couple of anklebiters please shout! Will probably be from Burnham Yacht Harbour round to Bradwell but could well be a delivery trip from Ipswich down to Bradwell then round to Burnham.

Finally could anybody tell us how to change our username?

Cheers,

Karen, Pat, AJ & Esmé

Bru

svpagan.blogspot.com
Changing your name is easy peasy - hit the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page and send a message asking nicely for your user name to be changed to what you want it to be. Within a day or so (well, it was less than a day for me) a nice person from the forums admin will get back to you saying "no problem, it's done" :)

As for sailing with kids .... hope you find somebody :D

Laurin

Visit site
Changing your name is easy peasy - hit the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page and send a message asking nicely for your user name to be changed to what you want it to be. Within a day or so (well, it was less than a day for me) a nice person from the forums admin will get back to you saying "no problem, it's done" :)

As for sailing with kids .... hope you find somebody :D

Thanks, new username requested

eastcoastbernie

www.ritzystitches.com
Hi Karen

I was planning to go to Fitting Up Supper but not planning to go in my boat. She won't be ready.

So, IF it is to be a delivery trip from Fox's, I could maybe join you there and help you get her to Bradwell, IF someone going to the Fitting Up Supper and returning to Fox's could let me stowaway for the return trip.

You'd have to get someone else for the Bradwell to Burnham bit.

Laurin

Visit site
Thanks Guys. Will let you both know how we get on.

Chatting Lil, for sure there would be room for 2 of you. If it turns into a delivery trip I'm thinking that possibly we could leave your car at Burnham and I'll drive you and Patrick up to Fox's, (meet Bernie there if she can find a ride back to Fox's and still wants to come). But not do the delivery down to Bradwell with the kids.

I'd then meet you at Bradwell and I'm fairly confident we could all squeeze on overnight. (I THINK me, Pat, AJ and Esmé will all be able to squeeze into the aft cabin, which would leave the forepeak and 2 single berths in the main cabin.

Back to Burnham with kids on board Sunday and then if you wouldn't mind driving one of us to Bradwell to pick up our Land Rover that would be great.

eastcoastbernie

www.ritzystitches.com
Hi Karen

I have already arranged a berth on Sabre at Bradwell so won't need to stay on board your boat. So you don't need to worry about the squeeze.

I was originally planning to drive down to Bradwell, stay on board Sabre, then drive back. When I saw your post I thought I could help you with the delivery, but no need for you to arrange yourself around me as I can either drive down or, possibly, bum a ride with someone else.

Just let me know if you need me.

Laurin

Visit site
Well first coat of antifoul is on, hopefully I can do the second coat with my Dad on Wed and then we'd be good for an early delivery trip and then would be going to Bradwell from Burnham.

Neil (and Jim), are you still up for a delivery trip/boys trip weekend of 26th March if we are ready?

Chattinglil, that's great, will be in touch a little nearer the time when we know what's happening.

FullCircle

Visit site
Well first coat of antifoul is on, hopefully I can do the second coat with my Dad on Wed and then we'd be good for an early delivery trip and then would be going to Bradwell from Burnham.

Neil (and Jim), are you still up for a delivery trip/boys trip weekend of 26th March if we are ready?

Chattinglil, that's great, will be in touch a little nearer the time when we know what's happening.

Aye aye Cap'n. Just drop the King's shilling in my beer and I am your man.

CliveG

Visit site
Tim and I should be moving Sirenia back to Ramsholt that weekend.
Give us a call if you are stopping in the Orwell area Saturday evening.