New Battery Charger needed

Bigplumbs

Visit site
It looks as though the 20 year old battery charger has died in my little Sealine S24. I am thinking of replacing it with one of these with 3 outputs. I need 2 according to the wireing diagram I have for the boat but one spare wont go amis

Has anyone any experience of these Victron Chargers.... I like the Bluetooth bit

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VICTRON-...m=302509685577&_trksid=p2385738.c100677.m4598

Dennis

dpb

Visit site
Just worth considering if the 15amp version is adequate for your needs.
I believe the 15 amps (in this case) are split between the number of batteries connected. (Happy to be corrected on this).
If this is the same capacity as the existing charger and it does what you want, then all good.
Regarding my previous boats:
My 80's 25ft sportscruiser had a factory fitted 3 way 40 amp charger. Worked fine.
Our 31 ft sports cruiser had a similar 60 amp charger, again all good.
Our current Sea ray 240 sports cruiser had, when we bought it second hand, two 5 amp cetek chargers fitted, one to each battery, instead of what ever was there originally. Worked Ok with no battery load, but if on board for a couple of days, the domestic battery would eventually go flat as the 5 amps was not enough to run the 12v domestics as well as keeping the battery topped up, especially if we had been out for the day it could not replenish the battery during the night whist we continued to draw power.....hope that makes sence.
Anyway, all this cured when replaced with a 40 amp charger of a similar type to what you are looking at, just higher capacity........just something to consider.

Croftie

Visit site
Yes I think the 15amp is total output between all 3 outputs. That is how I read it when I was reading up on them and got a single 30amp version in the summer. I assume if you are only going to use 2 of the outputs it will be split between the two, so if one battery is well up on SOC it will push more amps into the lower SOC battery.

Anders_P42

Visit site
I have a Victron easyplus inverter charger which has been great piece of kit. I'm about to buy the 30A version of the above for an extra house bank im having fitted.

matthewriches

www.matthewriches.co.uk
Anything made by Victron is good quality and comes with a decent warranty. Bluetooth is a nice touch. I have many customers opting for this feature now as it's something new to look at! Also helps with diagnostics if you find you have battery issues.