New Aquador 26's all around!

Wexfordian

Visit site
New Aquador 26\'s all around!

Hi folks - congrats on your new boats. So far, I'm very happy with the Aquador. Like you Azzuro, I've only had her a week so it's early days still. Haven't had much chance to play with her yet - bloody work keeps getting in the way.
I agree that the bow roller may spoil the looks but reckon an anchor chain will wreck the gelcoat without one. I'd love to know how the Finns manage tying to a rock on a lee shore.

Funny question: does your heads compartment drain when you use the shower attachment? There's no drain in the bottom of mine and I'm sure thats an oversight. Also, I'm using the floorboard from the forepeak as the infill for the v-berth in the cabin. Did you get a separate infill board? That floorboard's bloody heavy!

I may be back with more strange questions & observations.

byron

RIP
Visit site
Re: New Aquador 26\'s all around!

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you saying there is no drain on your shower tray? On many if not most boats the shower tray does not drain by gravity alone, there is a switch you use to pump the tray out.

ô¿ô

DepSol

Visit site

Look to the right hand side of the toilet you should find a black nipple switch goes up and down an activates the pump for the shower. Hold it up long enuf and it will stay on or hold it for a few seconds for a quick drain.

Dom

miket

Visit site

The Scandanavians often anchor from the stern and tie the bows off to the shore, hence no need for bow roller.

azzurro

Visit site

My boat came specced with a shower pump out! The floor board is the in-fill - agree it is heavy and also tricky to fit without damaging the woodwork. We have tried the diesel powered heating and cooker and find both excellent. Is your cockpit totally self draining - we seem to be missing a couple of drain holes in the galley area.

Steve

Wexfordian

Visit site
Re: New Aquador 26\'s all round!

Re drain holes - can't say that I've noticed and unfortunately I won't be on the boat this weekend because someone I would previously have thought of as a friend selfishly decided to invite me & the missus to his wedding on Saturday - knowing full well that I have a new boat I'd rather be enjoying. B*****d!!

DepSol

Visit site

That is so inconsiderate dont eole know that we dont want their comany at the weekends unless WE invite them ha!

G

If its not weddings, its christenings, bar mitzvah's, wedding anniversaries and worst of all (you get no notice) funerals!