Neeltje Jans by boat.

DanTribe

Visit site
Some years ago we went through Roompotsluis and spent the night on the inner pontoon. Next day we turned to port into a small bay [Betonhavn?], anchored and went ashore and walked to the Expo, a pleasant few hours.
I would like to do this again with the granddaughters.
Does anyone know if it's still possible?
Neeltje Jans now appears to be an expensive theme park with attractions like Mussel World!

MoodySabre

Visit site
Google maps is still showing boats in there. As an alternative you could go to Burghsluis at the top of the Roompot where they have cycle hire and visit not just the Expo but cycle to the nearby town and out to the beach.

Bikesailer

Visit site
Yes you can still anchor there. Always stop there on arrival from England and before the return passage. Spent 4 nights there this summer. Now that the police have cracked down on staying on lock jetties overnight there were a few more boats anchored.

DanTribe

Visit site
Yes you can still anchor there. Always stop there on arrival from England and before the return passage. Spent 4 nights there this summer. Now that the police have cracked down on staying on lock jetties overnight there were a few more boats anchored.

Thanks for the info.
I didn't know that about stopping on lock jetties. I have stayed on them occasionally when travelling late in the day, but didn't know it wasn't allowed.
It's been a while since my last visit to the Netherlands, it sounds like I need a refresher course.