NE Spain charts

jclackson

Visit site
Richard,

I live in Barcelona and bought all my charts at the local chandlers. Are you looking for general charts of the area, or something more specific? What scale? There are also two different types you can buy locally - one looks like the "classic navigational chart", the other more akin to the type found in your car (ie. folds into 30cm2 squares). Any preference?

I opted for the classic type, and if you`re interested I`ll mail you the make this evening when I go down to the boat...

Justin

<hr width=100% size=1>Justin in Spain

richardknight

Visit site
Hi Justin - thanks for replying. We popped into the local Spanish chandler last week and the only thing we could get was 1:50,000. We're ideally looking for something say 1:20,000, of even to 1:12,500. Specifically we're looking for the last 40 miles of so of coastline around NE Spain - basically north and south of Cap de Creus as this offers lots of great overnight anchoring opportunities.

The chart we bought was a garish yellow covering most of it - we're in the UK for the next few weeks and have left the chart in France (where we live) hence can't be more specific. Any hints and tips of better (non-electronic) charts which you've found greatly appreciated!

Richard

<hr width=100% size=1>