Navtex reception

Juggler7823

Visit site
I have great problems receiving Navtex Broadcasts from Portpatrick radio. My system works fine because I receive all broadcasts fron Valentia without fail. Valentia is further away than Portpatrick. Out of the last 5 Friday midnight broadcasts from Portpatrick, I have only received 1.

I have previously spoke with the HMCG Watch Commander at Falmouth who is (I think) responsible for Navtex broadcasts. He spoke of shortage of transmission time and being overriddden by other stations etc. He said he would look into it.

I have had no resonse from the coast guard and reception has not improved.

Navtex is an important tool in the sailors ability to to predict the weather and make informed judgements about whether to sail but is difficult to do so when reception is more miss than hit.

Would the Coastguard like to comment?

<hr width=100% size=1>LOM

MCW

Visit site
I know it does not help your situation but I am on the Blackwater in Essex and the reception from Niton, on both frequencies, is variable to say the least.

<hr width=100% size=1>

timevans2000

Visit site
Roy,
as you know, I am also based in Pwllheli. I am glad I am not the only one with intermittent reception. I have checked the signal strength on my receiver and all seems well except the reliabilty of the transmissions. Lets hope somebody can help

<hr width=100% size=1>