Navionics Web API not working

Telstar26

www.parkerseal.org.uk
Is anyone else having problems using the Navionics Web API with LeafletJS to display chartlets on a website?

It stopped working for us, and the response we got from apisupport@navionics.com was
Dear Navionics Web API partner,

We regret to inform that the Web API Service is out of the air for an indefinite time while we are working on changes.

Please check periodically our Developer Portal at Navionics Developer – The Navionics Developers Portal for any update.

Thank you for your patience.
What's irritating is that their ChartViewer at Navionics ChartViewer still works - but I guess it uses different technology

wwarw00

Visit site
Yep.
I got a notification email from Navionics on 20th December saying the API would be withdrawn on the 23rd December. So somewhat short notice! Can't complain too much given that it was a free service I'd been using for a few years.
Google Maps just ain't the same as Navionics charts for on the water GPS tracks.

ullar

Visit site
Yes, was kind of expecting this when Garmin took over. Last time had problems with tracking on my page when Garmin took over DeLorme and changed server names.

Telstar26

www.parkerseal.org.uk
To re-open an old thread...

The Navionics web api still isn't working for us but I've noticed it does still work on some sites; eg. Lake of the Woods and iNew Ross Marina

I've looked at the page source and network calls for these sites and can't see a substantial difference from the way we do it (except of course the api key and referrer).

Does anyone have any ideas?

Bilgediver

Visit site
If on the Web can you not just log into Navionics. It displays just the same as on a tablet with all your tracks and routes?

Owl @ 6s and 7s

Visit site
Sorry. The docs page's generation date (April 11th 2023) got me into thinking this was new info. And I somehow thought you were just looking for code examples for a nav key you already had.