Navionics boating app - newbie question

Philipturton

Visit site
I am using this Boating app and am confused that it says my heading is 60 degrees. I put starting point as Vounaki beach and destination as Ormos Abelike (Greece). Using the course plotted on my chart, my bearing is 205 degrees.

I can’t figure out why the app is not giving the true bearing! Grateful for any advice

Attachments

• IMG_3928.jpeg
    IMG_3928.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3927.jpeg
    IMG_3927.jpeg
    487.4 KB · Views: 21

finestgreen

Visit site
What you can see is the distance and heading between the protractor pins. Click the protractor button in the bottom right of the screen and it should go away

Philipturton

Visit site
What you can see is the distance and heading between the protractor pins. Click the protractor button in the bottom right of the screen and it should go away
Thank you for that. I’ve done that now. But… does the app not also have a way to tell you the compass bearing you should be on to reach your destination. I just see distance to go, curent speed in knots and arrival time

sailaboutvic

Visit site
That’s your heading , if you push start it will tell you you COG in the box .
add or take away one from the other to alter the right course , but where you are unless you have leaway COG CTS a will be roughly the same as there no current to talk about .

finestgreen

Visit site
Thank you for that. I’ve done that now. But… does the app not also have a way to tell you the compass bearing you should be on to reach your destination. I just see distance to go, curent speed in knots and arrival time
If you're following a route then you can click on the top-left box to popup the bearing to the next waypoint1000028276.png