Navik wind steering

Dollypolly

Visit site
I have a navik wind steering system that is missing the mounting bracket and the balancing unit. I can't find anywhere to buy them but I think I could make them myself if I had drawings/photos and the dimensions. Can anyone help me out? I'm in Southampton if anyone has one that I could photo and measure.

Dollypolly

Visit site
I have but unfortunately he was unable to help, Thanks for the suggestion but I think the only way is to make them myself.

V1701

Visit site
Might be something here that could help? I had one on the back of an Albin Vega & have some photos of it somewhere but I don't think they'd help you much...

Yellow Ballad

Visit site
I sold my Navik because getting parts is an issue, bought a Sea Feather instead but this was a challenge in itself!

I hear Mr Vee won't ship to the UK any more as well? I've been looking for another unit with the thought of reproducing parts for people but not found one yet. (I may have a loan of one soon though so I'll let you know if I get it.

Minerva

Visit site
The balancing unit was just 2 lead weights - in total they will be about the same weight as the air paddle. I had one/its still in a family member's loft but not too easy for me to get to it just now to measure the weight of the weights, sorry.

The mounting brackets were just Stainless U Brackets the accommodate the stainless tubes of the Navik. - much like these Stainless Steel - U Shaped Pin Bracket - 8mm Pin - StrutsDepot

Dollypolly

Visit site
I sold my Navik because getting parts is an issue, bought a Sea Feather instead but this was a challenge in itself!

I hear Mr Vee won't ship to the UK any more as well? I've been looking for another unit with the thought of reproducing parts for people but not found one yet. (I may have a loan of one soon though so I'll let you know if I get it.
Hi Dolly...

I have one set up in the factory at the moment, based in Leicester so a bit far to travel but can help with photos and measurements
if of any use.

Richard.

Dollypolly

Visit site
Thanks to everyone. Yes any close up photos and measurements would be very much appreciated. Mr Vee has told me that the weight of the balance unit isn't critical. Perhaps there is some confusion here. By balance unit I mean the cast metal unit that the wooden quadrant is bolted to not the weights on the vane itself. (Why are these things so complicated? Maybe I should go back to the bit of string and the bungie).