Navico tp5000

Picks

Visit site
I've inherited a navico tp5000 tiller pilot with my boat. I also have the manual and it appears to be set up correctly on the starboard side of the cockpit. My problem is that when doing an automatic tack to port using the function on the tiller pilot the ram attached to the tiller retracts until it goes into alarm because its fully retracted. This happens before I've gone through the wind and results in the boat stalling head to wind.
Is there a solution ?:confused:
Cheers.

ithet

Visit site
My TP5000 wound itself right in and would not activate anymore, could be similar problem. I opened it up and found a rubber end stop detached allowing too much movement. I reattached it and added some extra padding and it now works fine. On taking apart the interior was in perfect condition with no water ingress. They seem to be long lasting as they have a screw rack rather than belt drive. Be careful with the switch covers if you do take it apart.

PuffTheMagicDragon

Visit site
From memory, the tacking angle is fixed and, if you are not really sailing close to the wind, that angle might not be enough... which means that you will be in irons. I could be wrong, of course, because I sold my previous boat some four years ago and my memory is not what t used to be.

Picks

Visit site
From memory, the tacking angle is fixed and, if you are not really sailing close to the wind, that angle might not be enough... which means that you will be in irons. I could be wrong, of course, because I sold my previous boat some four years ago and my memory is not what t used to be.
Puff,
You're correct about the tacking angle which is 110°. I was just off close hauled when I started the port tack but maybe need to be closer?!
Cheers.