Navico Tiller Pin?

Ubergeekian

Me: Castle Douglas, SW Scotland. Boats: Kirkcudbri
www.drmegaphone.com
Dear Gang

I have just received Jumblie's new tiller, and would like to make a new tillerpilot bracket for it. It's an old Navico 1800 and needs a 4" stand-off at a slightly odd angle to the tiller. That's easy enough to make, but I need a tiller pin to fit to it.

Anyone know whether a modern Raymarine pin will do? The original connector is spherical and 1/4" in diameter: the Raymarine ones look rather more pear shaped.

Ubergeekian

Me: Castle Douglas, SW Scotland. Boats: Kirkcudbri
www.drmegaphone.com
You should be able to buy a Raymarine pin cheap enough on ebay. they are basically 1/4" diameter. I bought a complete tiller bracket with pin for just £5.75 from ebay.

If you need the brass socket for the other end, I have a spare one.

Thanks - I've duly bought a new one for a bit more on eBay!

I'm keeping the old tiller as an emergency spare, so I'm going to fit new brackets for both tiller pilot and wind vane to the new one so that if I ever do have to swap I'll have full functionality without messing about swapping things over.

VicS

Visit site
I don't think the shape matters much, its just to allow the fitting on the end of the push rod to articulate freely on the pin.

Just a straight round topped pin would do for my installation. When the rudder post is at an angle more articulation will be needed I think you will find.

My old Autohelm pin is ¼" diameter