Nauticat steering ATF Automatic Fluid

graham460

Visit site
Hello Folks
I am reasobly sure at the Back of the boat REAR Helm position that is Where you Put the Fluid to assist with the Steering

Is it Automatic Transmission fluid RED

HOW UCH ATF Or Oil
Regards Graham

Attachments

• Steering  Oil  10.jpeg
    Steering Oil 10.jpeg
    314 KB · Views: 6
  • Steering and  .jpeg
    Steering and .jpeg
    316.4 KB · Views: 6

rogerthebodger

Visit site
ATF in my experience is a particular type of hydraulic oil with additives for high temperatures uses as in Automatic transmission and fluid flywheels.

I use whit I buy as hydraulic oil which is not red but a yellow / amber colour

rogerthebodger

Visit site
Hello Thanks for the repl y I was asking is this to correct place for ATF for the Steering and How Much approx

Sorry I don't know your boat so cannot help wit location of filler, but I cannot see what looks like a steering filler.

As to how much (quantity) again there should fill-up to a dip stick or level indicator.

RunAgroundHard

Visit site
His boat is a Nauticat.

PBO article on Nauticat hydraulic steering Servicing a hydraulic steering helm on a boat - Practical Boat Owner The article describes filling up option.

This new company provides an archive service for supplying manuals and information for older models For Nauticat Owners
Nautical owners association Replacing Solent autopilot system – what is hydraulic cylinder ram size (cc)? Ask your question on the owners association web page.

Vendor that describes required hydraulic fluid in their specifications Hydraulic Steering Archives - Bill Higham Marine

Good luck with your servicing.

rogerthebodger

Visit site
From the link above

eddPBO295.prac_hydro_steering.1_comm-300x169.jpg

I have the same steering pump on one of my boat and the filler is on top of the yellow pump. In this pic it looks like a filler is screwed into the pump filler which I do not have