Nanni N2.14 2004 heat exchanger

MOBY2

Visit site
Hi, my nephew has a badly corroded heat exchanger tank, does anyone know of a good source to get one avoiding main dealer prices at all ? Any help appreciated.

Tranona

Visit site
Highly unlikely - it is a Nanni exclusive part - just like most other marine engines there days.

caiman

Visit site
What do you mean by 'heat exchanger tank'? I've just assisted in doing a replacement engine.I don't know what the owner is doing with the old one,but I will see him later today.
Cheers.

MOBY2

Visit site
What do you mean by 'heat exchanger tank'? I've just assisted in doing a replacement engine.I don't know what the owner is doing with the old one,but I will see him later today.
Cheers.
[/QUOTE
Cheers.
Good morning and thank you both for your replies, it's sometimes called a header tank I believe but where you put the coolant in and there is a rack if cooling pipes to help cool the engine.... I'll see if I can find a picture...
Thanks

MOBY2

Visit site
Good morning and thank you both for your replies, it's sometimes called a header tank I believe but where you put the coolant in and there is a rack off cooling pipes to help cool the engine.... I'll see if I can find a picture...
Thanks

Last edited:

caiman

Visit site
Hi.The header tank is at the top of the engine ,and is the point where you would add' coolant'. The heat exchanger is where salt water cools the 'coolant', and holds what looks like a handfull of straws glued together.This is mounted on the port side of the engine above the starter.
On 'my' one,the header tank is ok,but the heat exchanger has rotted out through lack of winterisation.
Hope this helps.
Cheers

Tranona

Visit site
Good morning and thank you both for your replies, it's sometimes called a header tank I believe but where you put the coolant in and there is a rack if cooling pipes to help cool the engine.... I'll see if I can find a picture...
Thanks
That is the heat exchanger, and it will be expensive as it is unique to that model (both 10 and 14hp versions). no practical alternative, although depending on where the corrosion is, it may be repairable.

MOBY2

Visit site
That is the heat exchanger, and it will be expensive as it is unique to that model (both 10 and 14hp versions). no practical alternative, although depending on where the corrosion is, it may be repairable.
Thank you both, been helping trying to get it off, not sure if its repairable due to the fact its cast alli, think the best bet might be checking engine breakers as already mentioned its eye wateringly expensive. I have the 10 hp in my boat and very pleased with it but probably like most of us prey nothing big goes bang although I do all the maintenance at the stated intervals. Thanks for all the help much appreciated

chrisclin

Visit site
Hi, my nephew has a badly corroded heat exchanger tank, does anyone know of a good source to get one avoiding main dealer prices at all ? Any help appreciated.
I had this a few years ago. I couldn't lay my hands on anything other than a new one from Peachmont. However I had to get a man in to remove the old heat exchanger. He ended up using a screwdriver and hammer to get the last nut off. It's impossible to get a spanner or socket in.

MOBY2

Visit site
Yep funny you should say that ... not a great piece of engineering that.... think we may have to bite the bullet but will look around first.
Many thanks