Name Transfers/Signs

G

Does anyone know were I can get new name transfers for my boat via mail order?

G

Try Wet&Wild graphics they do allsorts of stuff, transfers as big or small as you like, they also do embroidery for t-shirts, jumpers etc... are competetivly priced and quick in both manufacture & delivery..... try WWW.Wet&Wild.com for further details and prices (listed on the site)

G

Refer tothe Directory below, there are many to choose from

G

OR!

Go to your local High St sign person who makes vinyl signs for shop windows. Got mine done for a tenner each, you get a choice of fonts/colours, you can discuss sizes and what not, and if you carry cash, you may get a vat-free deal.

Forget I said that.

Best

Sue

G

I can fully endorse Wet n Wild graphics, they do a top job and their work is excellent with a quick turn around.

Rob

G

Steve, I agree with Sue. Check out the Yellow Pages and phone around locally. Most sign writers now use computer cut lettering now. I got a set in 6" high script (three names & Port of Registration) done for £25 from a company that do scenic work. Phoned at 10am and they were done at 4pm. Good luck, Eddie

G

Presumably the adhesive on ordinary letters from a sign shop sticks OK? Is any special treatment required because of the sea water?

G

Try Marine Graphics on 01507 327635. They do mail order boat names

G

Richard, They stick just fine, I dont think there is any difference in the materials used. In any case if you tell them what its for they will know if its ok. The same systems are used on vehicles that could be subject to car washes etc. You just need to ensure the surface is clean & dry before application. I belive the adheasive improves with age also. Regards, Eddie

G

Can you fix them....?

Just an unashamed plug. There's a two page 'Boatcraft' feature in the May issue of Motor Boats Monthly on how to put them on straight.

Make sure they stick well. I saw a boat in France that was named Janus.

Trouble is, the J had fallen off....

I have photo's. Honest.

G

Re: Can you fix them....?

We had best get to the bottom of that Jake