Mystery: Baby On Board

lyc

Visit site
Re: talking of funny notices

1-picture1.jpg

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BroadsandEastcoastBoating/>Broads & East Coast Boating</A>

Jools_of_Top_Cat

Visit site
Re: talking of funny notices

why did he come back?

Show his mates he had guts.......

<hr width=100% size=1>Julian

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.topcatsail.co.uk>Top Cat Homepage</A>

billmacfarlane

Visit site
Maybe he's showing off the fact that he's not one of the European males with a declining sperm count. Incidentaly has anyone ever seen the same sign hanging over the side of the boat you want to moor up to ?

<hr width=100% size=1>

bedouin

Visit site
One of these appeared in the rear window of my car recently.

SWMBO had obviously gone to a lot of trouble to position it in such a way that it was prominent in rear view mirror - significantly blocking the driver's view (not a problem for her since women only use mirrors to check their make-up).

From the positioning I must conclude that the objective is to remind the driver that there is a baby in the car.

<hr width=100% size=1>

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
I always disliked these signs and made no secret of the fact.

When SWMBO was expecting our first child, the neighbour's kids latched on to this and produced a home made replica saying "father-to-be on board". It was several days before I noticed that they had stuck it in the car - I have always suspected that SWMBO collaborated with them /forums/images/icons/smile.gif.

I always liked Ben Elton's explanation; that they were put up by insecure people who wanted to let the outside world know that there were no virgins in the car (except the baby, of course....)

<hr width=100% size=1>Je suis Marxiste - tendance Groucho

Mirelle

N/A
Visit site
Danger: Vicious toddler!

Never bothered with a sign, either in car or on boat, but if I had one that is what it would read.

<hr width=100% size=1>Que scais-je?