My View. Let's See Yours

Boathook

Visit site
The view I presently have, is of buildings, grey skies and a patch of grass. It tipped down with rain last night and is still trying to rain and the forecast is not good on the rain front either.
I could post a picture but we will all find it depressing !

RunAgroundHard

Visit site
Last weekend, moonlight, likely last sail of the season.

54011697646_42ac94d21f_4k.jpg

Gustywinds

Visit site
Well, I was hoping to get a nice pic today but its pissing down so I'm gonna cheat and use one from the last time I was here. The upside is today I get to look around and not stand drinking champagne while listening to a Frenchman telling me how wonderful Total were.

Screenshot 2024-09-30 at 17.54.16.png

Last edited:

Gustywinds

Visit site
How do you manage to moor up so close to the action ?
Who said the view was from the mooring? No, the Port de Plaisance is surrounded by trees and bushes so not a very exciting view but nicely tranquil and sheltered. About a 10 minute walk to the palace which is what the pic is and a beautful place it is, well worth a visit.
Tonight's' view out is similarly tree-lined but a commercial quayside so its bit bumpier. Tomorrow we go see where Mr Van Gogh topped himself and similar cultural stuff.

Gustywinds

Visit site
IMG_4251.jpeg
And no, @Bouba, we aren’t moored in the cemetery, in fact we aren’t even moored in Auvers any more as an officious Frenchman woke us at 6:30 to tell us we weren’t allowed to moor on the commercial quay despite what the tourist office told us. So we are now in a proper halte nautique in Pontoise, a 30min bus ride away.

Bouba

Visit site
View attachment 183745
And no, @Bouba, we aren’t moored in the cemetery, in fact we aren’t even moored in Auvers any more as an officious Frenchman woke us at 6:30 to tell us we weren’t allowed to moor on the commercial quay despite what the tourist office told us. So we are now in a proper halte nautique in Pontoise, a 30min bus ride away.
You’d think that there would be some sunflowers

Gustywinds

Visit site
You’d think that there would be some sunflowers
There are, top left. We did think about bringing some. He’s got his wheatfield, albeit without crows, right behind him. The whole town is full of framed prints of his paintings next to the things that they are of. One thing I didn’t know is that the priest of the famous church refused to bury him because he was a suicide.