My tuppence worth

byron

RIP
Visit site
I reckon the Forum is superbly run. Kim often has a thankless task especially when dealing with nonsense accusations from people who patently know nothing about the intracasies of the net and the technical aspects of running a website. I speak as someone who has been on-line for a decade and the owner of one of the busiest websites in the world (in its field)
Keep up the good work Kim and don't listen too much to others. You were a good Editor and you are a good Webmaster.

ô¿ô

coliholic

Visit site
Re: where were you?

Yes you're right there. Noticably quiet during the battle, now the war's over he's on "our" side.

Thought you were of Greek descendents Byron, not Swiss?

BarryH

Visit site

Doh! it is'nt hard, have you ever seen Kim and byron logged on at the same time, so to speak, KIM is BYRON the caped crusader, almost the same as superman putting on glasses and eveyone thinks his Clark Kent. Well kim puts on wig, heypresto byron (oooh im going straight to hell for that one)

Regards BarryD (well i aint taking the rap for that one)

Ps didnt mean it really

BarryH

Visit site
Re: other Deserters

No. I rekon their the pirates getting shot, bombed and blown up on shutyerbutt

BarryH :cool:

hlb

RIP
Visit site

I agree, and some of us have risked life and limbe to protect this forum. from abuse. Alot of us have for the past few hours downed tooles and sat here to stop a rediculas conclusion.
We've put hours in. Not for fun or enjoyment. But to keep a very sacred thing special. We are all on red cards. And we know it. But we made this place, its friendly, no one gets chucked out. Except by silly Question. Or earliet ths week. Mat. Having a go At some body from America talking in $0000000 and Gas. I mean. Dose the Guy mean gas, diesel, petrol. All to difficult here. Surlly he's come to the wrong place.
We cant deal with all world problems. As Kim says were all fairly stuped anyway.

Haydn

coliholic

Visit site
Magnanimity in Victory

Have I spelt that right? Looks sort of wrong to me.

Anyway, don't think us Defenders of The Faith and victors after the battle should get too carried away.

After all it's the function of the strong (us) to protect the weak lily livered apathetic lot (them. They know who they are) who couldn't be bothered to turn up for the fight. 'Course they'll all be posting tomorrow with the good old chestnut "oh I was working\in a meeting\'puter broke" excuses and'll be adding "but i would've been in there fightiong with you lads against the big bad enemy.I'm one of us really"

But we, their Champions, have to be magnanimous and not gloat.

Well maybe just a bit

tcm for Webmaster? Who said that? I feel a yellow or even red card on its way.

jfm

Visit site
Re: Sick note

Colin I wish to record now that in case of any invasions tomorrow I will not be on the BB. This way you cannot make same accusation at me. Or praps you can? Anyway things will go smoothly?

byron

RIP
Visit site

Col! The plain fact is I couldn't give a siht which way the coin dropped. I had nothing to say and just sat back as a true descendent of the inventors of democracy. Like yourself I have been here from day one (and before on the old site). I just get fed up with people digging at Kim. This Forum allows a lot of leeway, is not slavishly politically correct and we are lucky to have it.

ô¿ô

claymore

Visit site

I was going to say something too but I was busy so I'm sorry I missed it all because I would really have put that Kim in his place if I'd not been so busy and unable to get online to the forum in support of everything
sincerely yours with dignty and pride
The Bold Claymore
(Queens Own herbacious Borderers) (Rtd)

G

Re: knighthood

No he can't have a bit of Scotland! I reckon thats mine. I've earned it and hands off!

Nick
Secretary to the "Hands off our Forum Campaign" (retired)

G

Re: little local difficulty

Well at the same time can we settle the dispute about who owns Carlisle and Berwick! Don't think we don't remember 1296 or when ever it was! And another thing, what about our oil? and our whisky?

Sorry but I'm just doing what all Scots do once they have been in a winning team which is to turn their attention to erstwhile team members. It's in the national psyche!

Sorry, I'll always be good in future!

Nick

claymore

Visit site
Lost for Words

Humbled by Generosity - just a few words of thanks - to Kim for his vision and seamless rolling out of a one-world approach and to you - Captains All.
In terms of my Lands - Could I just have the bit round Loch Craignish and Ardfern - I was thinking if I owned it all, they could hardly charge me for ropes and shackles and other sailyboat things - I could sort out the quality of the Boddingtons in the Galley of Lorne and put a ban on Scotch Pies in the Shop - constipation factor of 10 there.
Naturally there'd be free berths for all motorboatyforummembers and I'd have a mainimum speed restriction of 15 knots which should wash all seals from their rocks and get a nice rocking motion going on the pontoons. This in turn would upset loads of drink and pretzels and this would all need cleaning. Enter Claymore Cleaning Corporation - not the cheapest but we believe.....