Music on board

G

You are in your boat, cruising gently in a flat calm, with no other boats on the horizon, the sun is shining, and all is well with the world.

Your boat has been mysteriously equipped with a 500 watts per channel CD player and the Minister of Shipping has today absolved you of having to listen for sound signals

What three CD tracks would you play?

Best

Sue

(Sony Walkman, but I'm saving up.)

G

Freefallin, Tom Petty.

Lovely Day, Bill Withers.

Any George Benson.

Dave S

G

You would probably expect "Flower of Scotland" or "Scotland the Brave" from me but I am going to confound you all. My three tracks, large Whisky and dry in hand would be

Summertime - the version by Acker Bilk and Humphrey Littleton

Amoureuse - Kiki Dee

Part of the Process - Morcheeba

See how much I will be missed at the disorganised rally!

Nick

G

In no particular order (indeed can anyone tell the difference?) 1. Spice Girls by the Spice Girls 2. Debut album by Hear'say 3. Steps

Can I come on the disorg rally please?

G

How about "Smoke on the water" or Oh sh*t my boats on fire.

G

My three choices would be:

Perfect Day - various artists Parisienne Walkways - Gary Moore Fanfare for the Common Man - Emerson, Lake & Palmer

PB

G

You are Sue Lawley and you are researching for Desert Island Discs, are'nt you? Because I've sussed you, I get more than 3 choices

Heavy Weather - Weather Report Freebird - Lynyrd Skynrd (must be played v loud preferably with a slection of air guitars to hand) Black Magic Woman - Santana Mr Bobo - Fishbelly Black I know what I like - Genesis For those in peril on the sea (for those I wish I was'nt here but tucked up in my marina moments)

Showing my age there a bit. Now, I wonder if I'll still fit into those purple flares?

G

Re: Music on board - album choices

as it will be a long afternoon in the sun, I will have to pick albums instead!

Santana - Abraxas Air - Moon Safari Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound of Thunder

M

G

Marky Mark! How r u ? Is it very quiet there without us or are you annoying MDL enough for both of us? Heard you've been pissing them off in your dinghy again!

Pxx

G

Hiya!! Not me - I've been a good boy! ;-) We're planning to pop in to Brighton at the end of May so we can have a gossip!

Mxx

G

Sir,

You are correct. A prize of 5000 pounds awaits you. p Please collect it from Ms Sue Lawley, BBC Shepards Bush, London. Tell her I said it would be ok.!

Best

Sue ( not lawley, alas)

G

Re: JUMP by Van Halen played three times......nm

Ride of the Valkeries, from Apocalypse Now, for Haydn

Down at the Bottom, by Walter Becker for me

For those in Peril on the Sea, for all the yotties at Cowes last week.....

sue

G

Re: Noise on board

Sue, as the only professional music / amateur boating contributer to this forum, I can assure you that you will never have any chance of reaching an agreement on music. It would be easier to persuade everyone to buy the same boat.Since your happy suggestion has generated so much interest however why don't we cheer everyone up by having a competition.You pick the winner of the best 3 tracks submitted (and there ain't very many good ones so far) and we will give the winner a new collection for their boat that will contain something for everyone.I give loads away on my Radio Show every week and although you English mob don't hear my ground breaking broadcasts, Nick Robinson will vouch for me as he stays in the correct part of the world. (Did you see what they said about our whisky Nick !!!) Lets make it 6 of the best. For old fogies we have The Carpenters REFLECTIONS which is a greatest hits thing from them. Well lets face it you are hardly going to hear anything new from them now are you. For the 60's children we have the latest from the Beatles which is all their number ones(strangly called THE BEATLES-ONE)The rockers will like Bruce Springsteen with BORN IN THE U.S.A.although he is very short when you actually meet him.Soul fans well catered for with the latest double C.D. from the Temptations which is called AT THEIR VERY BEST.Yes you've guessed it-it is a greatest hits.I know there must be ex disco lovers out there so we will add the soundtrack from the movie BOOGIE NIGHTS which has all the old disco but none of the swearing that was in the actual film.One more...who have we missed..oh the county fans so we will have Shania Twain with her COME ON OVER album.If you like the music then the male chauvinists out there will enjoy the photos of her on the CD sleeve even more.I think that covers all taste excluding the nutters.I have just raided my prize cupboard for these gems so you can set the rules and be the final judge in an effort to cheer up this moaning mob and distract their minds from believing that there will be no summer this year.There is nothing in the forum rules is there that says we cannot have our own competitions is there?After all it is very much about boating unless of course you do not have a CD player yet!Oh and you should get a few gems for your Walkman for undertaking the harrowing task of being the solitary judge.Is it a go?

G

Lazing on a summer after noon. I'm going to have it for my funeral. Specialy the bit about sailing yachts and big fat mamma's trying to change me.

G

All of a sudden I\'ve remembered I\'ve got somethng else on the weekend of the Disorg..

Santana Abraxas Kenny G Tubula Bells II

and a large Bells

G

Wonderfull Life - Black

Purple Rain - Prince

Toccata and Fugue - Bach