Music Fest by Boat?

goeasy123

Visit site
Anybody know of music festivals that one could attend by boat?

I.e. you could stay on your boat (with Jabsco) rather than a tent with stinky portabotty.

laika

Visit site
Not been myself but I gather Island Harbour is quite conveniently located for the isle of wight festival. With 6 months to go I'm sure if you write to them now the Chemical Brothers could oblige with a Big Beat version of Matty Groves...

goeasy123

Visit site
I could do that. A Chem Bros. lives about 10 doors down from me. I'm not sure which one.... wasn't a fan in the day.

ctva

Visit site
If you got a sea going boat you could visit;
Hebcelt (Stornaway)
Gigha
Jura
Loopallu (Ullapool)
Tiree

are just some that I know of on the west coast of Scotland.

ryanroberts

Visit site
Reading, ish (if the council don't catch you, it's heavily anti wild mooring round there now). Leeds. Also Download and some of the smaller urban hipster festivals in Brum / Manc. Also anything at Camber Sands in a yacht I guess. Bristol has a festival in the dock Bristol Sounds

cherod

Visit site
Loopillu has now been cancelled , you could try Belladrome tho it would cost you 200£ to take your our boat into the canal ( and the music is a bit suspect , depending on taste )

blush2

Visit site
Depending on your musical preferences:

Brest festival of the sea, followed by Douarnenez - traditional wooden vessels of all types and associated music

Paimpol festival of sea chanteys - although they prefer traditional craft only in the marina whilst it is going on, we got chucked out for not having enough wood in the structure

Lorient festival of Celtic music - pipe bands from Scotland, Ireland and Brittany (we bumped into the Breton pipers elsewhere, including in Treguier

Vannes jazz festival - in venues all round the town, but we discovered that all the groups ended up playing on a traditional fishing vessel at the end of the marina, with free wine

Further afield:

Camarinas - blessing of the fishing fleet with music etc ashore

Our favourite - the festival of Sanjoaninas in Angra de Heroismos, Terceira in the Azores which goes on for a week with carnival procession, music throughout the town, regatta and bull-on-a-rope events