Moving Harbours

G

Do you go land or sea a journey of about 100 miles will cost £1,000 fuel but by truck i have no idea how much anyone who has the same problem or knows how much the truck will cost.

G

At £10/mile I guess we are not talking about moving a Dory, but how big is the beast. Where you are moving the boat to and from also makes a difference.

G

Join Sea start...take the boat about 3 miles out (should cost about £30) and then have it TOWED to your destination.

OR sell it where it is and buy something cheaper to run at the new port.

G

You must havew one heck of a large boat to use that much fuel - maybe it's too large for a low loader?

Attachments

• 8982126306.jpg
    8982126306.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 0
G

You must have one heck of a large boat to use that much fuel - maybe it's too large for a low loader?

G

I can only assume you have something with very large petrol engines or the QE2! To transport a 35-40ft boat from Scotland to South coast is circa £1200 + VAT +marina lifting/launching fees. This is about 400 miles so 100 miles a bit less but only marginally.

G

Suggest you go by sea. But go a bit slower this time and think of maybe using just one or two of your engines.

Or maybe we've got the question wrong and you actualy are MOVING HARBOURS ?? in which case I suggest you get a whole fleet of low loaders and a few diggers as well!!

Thanks for the email Nick !!

G

The other side are keen to get us - have a look at "Motor Cruising" on scuttlebutt

Nick

G

Depends on the size of your boat, I moved ny 28ft Sealine from Portsmouth to Chiswick £250, very reasonavle by road, much cheaper than by sea, which as you would have cost a lot of money. Lots of silly comments from some others, hope this is of use.

G

I had a 31 ft sailing cruiser moved from Conwy to Hull thick end of 200 miles

Cost £400

Saving at least £500 probably more

Some people have forgotten 100 miles cross country can be 800 by sea. UK is a funny shape.