Mounting Plates Walker Logmaster

VicS

Visit site
Hi, Does anyone here have any advice to offer on where I can source mounting plates for a Walker Knotmaster Mk3 trailing log? Cheers CBT

Boat jumbles, Boats being broken up. e-Bay maybe. The wanted forum Keep an eye open for the day I take them off my boat.

But it would not be difficult to make a pair of plates. They need not be dished like the originals they could be flat and mounted on a spacer.

This picture will give you the general design and dimensions.

DSCF1066.jpg

ctelfer38

www.classic-cruising.com
Hi VicS That is very helpful. I'll get into the workshop pending the next Boat Jumble. The Logmaster I have was bought yesterday at the Haslar Boat Jumble for a very reasonable price. Your photograph is just the ticket. Many thanks. CBT

Last edited:

JumbleDuck

Visit site
Thanks. Just checked but with no success. Do you have a link? CBT

He seems to do them from time to time, and I can't find a current or recently closed listing either - sorry. Why no ask on the "Wanted" forum here? I got a port and starboard pair that way a few years back. For every log on eBay without deckplates there is someone with a surplus pair of deckplates on his boat ...

ctelfer38

www.classic-cruising.com
He seems to do them from time to time, and I can't find a current or recently closed listing either - sorry. Why no ask on the "Wanted" forum here? I got a port and starboard pair that way a few years back. For every log on eBay without deckplates there is someone with a surplus pair of deckplates on his boat ...

Posted - will wait out now.

pyrojames

transat2013.blogspot.co.uk
Jay Wolfe metal works have laser cut stuff to my design in the past. If you can run up a CAD drawing of them, he could cut them flat at little expense, and then you will just need to make a mouthing block to give clearance underneath.

Good luck. If needs be you should be able to pick up a complete kit on eBay for £100-ish, if you bide your time, and that will give you both deck plates and two spare spinners ... the head unit is a wee bonus!

brokethebox

... Work on the south coast, lady in Manchester, b
Visit site
When i needed these a few years ago, some very fine gentlemen on this forum posted me them for the promise of a donation to the RNLI.

Another option that came up was to wander your marina and see if any are on any boats you see. Ask the owner - you may find they were left there by a previous owner and unused and unwanted by the current one!

Good luck - I've just gotten rid of my collection and settled on keeping the one I like so no spares to offer, I'm sorry.

James