Motorboats, the middle-market...

wongaero

Visit site
Ok, so I've had an email or two from a certain firm of yacht-brokers publicising their presence at Poole Boat Show, they must have me in the wrong demographic

I got too cross to read any further at:
"Start by taking a look at the middle market 40 to 50ft range."

Blue Sunray

Visit site
Ok, so I've had an email or two from a certain firm of yacht-brokers publicising their presence at Poole Boat Show, they must have me in the wrong demographic

I got too cross to read any further at:
"Start by taking a look at the middle market 40 to 50ft range."

Why?

wongaero

Visit site
Well, after all the time I thought I was saving up for a mid-range boat it turns out what I need is a starter boat, I dunno, like maybe a Swordsman 37, that would do.

ontheplane

Visit site
I do think many dealers / brokers / manufacturers have forgotten about the sub 30 ft market - perhaps that's why so many are not making money?

Oscar24

Visit site
Star of the show for me had to be the Bentley 4x4 (think it was a Bentayga???) towing what looked like a bayliner........
Lots of people walking around in bright white sailing jackets.........
Thought the Parker range was quite interesting thou, and loads of people out on the pontoons so well attended

wipe_out

Visit site
I do think many dealers / brokers / manufacturers have forgotten about the sub 30 ft market - perhaps that's why so many are not making money?

The sub 30ft market is well catered for by the French builders and others.. The Merry Fisher line make fantastic cruisers from 7m to 9m.. We have the MF 695 and it caters to our needs perfectly, is cheap to run and moor/trailer.. We spent our first night onboard last weekend and were very comfortable with plenty of space and light.. So yes the likes of Sunseeker, Fairline, Princess, etc have moved out of the sub 30ft market but that doesn't mean there aren't some really good boats in that size still available..

[2068]

Visit site
I raised a couple of eyebrows when the salesman on the Sealine stand referred to the S330 as a "starter boat".
Only £235k with twin engines :eek:

But I guess this is what some people must be doing: start by seeing if the £250k boat ticks some boxes, then commit to a "mid range" boat as second step.

Last edited:

Solitaire

Visit site
I raised a couple of eyebrows when the salesman on the Sealine stand referred to the S330 as a "starter boat".
Only £235k with twin engines :eek:

But I guess this is what some people must be doing: start by seeing if the £250k boat ticks some boxes, then commit to a "mid range" boat as second step.

I was teaching on that very boat last weekend.