Motorboating in Singapore

(195)

Visit site
I am currently thinking about relocating to Singapore, and wondered if anyone had any experience of boating in that area, any useful contacts or websites as searches so far make me think there are no boats there, and thus dampens my enthusiasm for going.
Any info greatfully received.

jfm

Visit site
Nice place, I assume you've been there and checked it out? Fabulously cheap shopping, followed by evening drinks at Raffles, natch. There are plenty of boats and marinas. Because many of the affluent are not permanent residents but are there on work assignments etc, and there is a corporate entertainment culture, many boats are corporate owned, eg "Baring Up", a Hatteras formerly owned by Barings and used by Nick Leeson to entertain clients......

(195)

Visit site
Thanks for that
I have been out there with work quite a few times, now have been asked to move out there, but haven't investigated boat side of things before - will see what I can find out.
Cheers

Gordonmc

Visit site
For what it is worth there used to be a healthy boating scene in the Jahore Straits on the Singapore side. My family were members of a club at Seletar and I know of one at Changi. Another private marina was established between the two, just opposite Paulu Ubin, but can't remember the name of the village.
I don't know about the South of the island. In the straits there was plenty to see between the causeway and Changi with lots of small islands, mangrove, beaches, river mouths etc.
Good luck!

G

Malcolm
I lived in Singapore for three years until recently. Give me a call and I'll talk you through it.
John 023 8045 0209

jfm

Visit site
Why ask me what to wear???

Yes wear a leotard immediately. Pref with a G-string back. To Sainsbury's, to the office, while driving, walking the dog, while visiting friends, for official functions, in bed, on the flight to SIN, etc. Will make the 2 weeks just fly by.