Mothball the boat for a year

comino

www.yachtcomino.weebly.com
Seeking some advice please.....
A new edition to the family is due this summer (1st grandchild) and it means we'll forego our usual 3 - 6 months on the boat in the Med this summer. I'm arranging for the boat to be lifted and mothballed for a year on the hard and I would be most grateful for some advice on the essential things to do in order to keep her cosmetically, mechanically and electronically tip top. She'll be in Malta so not so worried about damp and mildew.
Much appreciated.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
As I sure you already know Malta has mild winter , while we been wintering out here this year getting mails from friends all over the Med about how cold wet and in places snowy we been basting in sunshine most of the time although we have had wet days at time and the overnight temp have drop as low as 6c once or twice .
I would suggest as well as doing the normal wintering stuff to cover the boat with some kind of canopy but before so given the hull a good wash and polish , once that southerly wind start to blow everything get covered in red sand and going from experience when some years back we left a yacht in Malta over winter we return to find our white hull almost orange .
Also wash and put all the sails away .
Not sure if your planning to leave it in Joe yard or on Manuel island but both yards are well guarded .