More wind

sailaboutvic

Visit site
And another storm on the way , it's just started blow here n Tunisia, just touching 25kts we expecting it to reach 35 plus by later this afternoon and over night 45 plus .
It's Heading North/NorthEast , bewhere if your in Malta or the Ragusa it's coming your way .
Also hitting parts of the Ionian
Stay safe guys

Robert Wilson

Second Coast, Ross-shire, overlooking Gruinard Bay
Visit site
It's been "windy" off and on here for a week or so, but yesterday after an almost calm afternoon I was working in my tool-shed (well garage actually....) when all of a sudden a mighty blast hit the building. On going outside to investigate I was all but blown off my feet. This carried on for about five minutes then it subsided to "just windy".

I've never experienced anything like it in my life - and certainly I'd never want to experience it at sea. :eek:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
It to say it been a wild night would be an understatement, part of the sea wall had now gone and we hoping the wind will die down before we lose any more or there could be a small problem in the marina .
More sails unfurled and damage , one quite heave power boat that was on a trailer the whole lot got blow in mid air until it crash down onto a small wall where the trailer got stuck but the power boat took off again and landed against a yacht .
Road to the yard is impassable.
Photo up side down

Attachments

• 20190224_120328.jpg
    20190224_120328.jpg
    475.9 KB · Views: 0

nortada

Visit site
It to say it been a wild night would be an understatement, part of the sea wall had now gone and we hoping the wind will die down before we lose any more or there could be a small problem in the marina .
More sails unfurled and damage , one quite heave power boat that was on a trailer the whole lot got blow in mid air until it crash down onto a small wall where the trailer got stuck but the power boat took off again and landed against a yacht .
Road to the yard is impassable.
Photo up side down

Had me worried - why are the pictures upside down? To add impact?

Certainly does that!

Really hope nobody was hurt.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Had me worried - why are the pictures upside down? To add impact?

Certainly does that!

Really hope nobody was hurt.

It's all to do with this camera I brought from a Ozzie sailor , :)
This has happened a few time here and the only was around it is to go back to the original photos and turn them up side down then download them here , pain . Unless someone knows other wise .

Crisby

Visit site
It's all to do with this camera I brought from a Ozzie sailor , :)
This has happened a few time here and the only was around it is to go back to the original photos and turn them up side down then download them here , pain . Unless someone knows other wise .
Thanks for the heads up/down Vic, we’re going to Oz next month, should I be using my camera upside down as I bought it in the UK?

Chris

OldBawley

Visit site
Here in Greece, ( Poros Saronicos) February has been hard. Lots of strong North winds, in gusts up to 10 Bf, most of it 8 Bf. Snow on the surrounding maintains, and wind chill temperature – 4° C.
And as you know, on the water, for anchor, wind chill is the real temperature.
Also the most rainy winter in my 20 years of Med wintering.

Other winters our wood stove has been burning two hours in the morning for heating the coffee water and making getting out of bed for my wife comfortable ( I have to get up in a cold boat to lit the fire ) and from sunset to bedtime in the evening for cooking and comfort, this winter the stove had to do overtime. Burning from morning to evening to keep the boat dry and warm.

However, in between the winter storms we have very nice sunny days, every spot full of wild flowers ( extinct in my home land thanks to roundup ) and blue skies.
I still prefer the south to my now warmer but grey birth land.