Moorings on river Wyre at Fleetwood.

Trebby91

Visit site
Hi, All,
Some years ago I had a mooring on the Fleetwood side of the river Wyre just above the harbour there were a large number of moorings that dried out at high tide I understood them to be on common land, there was no charge. Looking on Google Earth they no longer seem to be there can somebody confirm this for me?
Thanks, Barry.

coopec

N/A
Visit site
Hi, All,
Some years ago I had a mooring on the Fleetwood side of the river Wyre just above the harbour there were a large number of moorings that dried out at high tide I understood them to be on common land, there was no charge. Looking on Google Earth they no longer seem to be there can somebody confirm this for me?
Thanks, Barry.

I'm interested in your query so did a little research and came across this: any help?

Fleetwood (River Wyre) [Expanded View] - Wales, NW England, IoM: pilotage, charts, photos and marine business listings

coaster63

Visit site
Hi as far as I understand. the marsh is still common land and boats are starting to return now all the housing is built , the period before re development the time of your mooring there you will have accessed through ABP port. During infilling of the site. access was removed also whilst building took place , but now access through the housing to the shoreside is ok . No doubt someone will be along to correct me but i will add that with all the eyes that overlook the marsh security should be marginally improved from that in the past.

Trebby91

Visit site
Hi as far as I understand. the marsh is still common land and boats are starting to return now all the housing is built , the period before re development the time of your mooring there you will have accessed through ABP port. During infilling of the site. access was removed also whilst building took place , but now access through the housing to the shoreside is ok . No doubt someone will be along to correct me but i will add that with all the eyes that overlook the marsh security should be marginally improved from that in the past.

Hi,
Thank you very much for the information, I could not understand why there were no boats showing on Google Earth I now live in Cheshire and have not been to Fleetwood since the Marina was first opened, way back! I have just bought a boat and thought about mooring it there, must go and have a look but this fuel thing is a problem.
Regards, Barry.