Moody Carbineer History

alant

Visit site
Re: Carbineer 46

Hi there I own a Moody Carbineer 46, build number 5760 which was also launched in 1979. She is currently called Brigitte Ann and we have owned her for a year. I have boxes of paperwork including original drawings, electrical specs etc and am happy to share these. My yacht was originally built for Noel MacKinnon, the owner of Drambuie and was then named Whistling Maid. She has been extensively restored with all new systems and too much work to list here. She has cruised extensively including USA, Bahamas, Brazil, most of the Carribean and Europe, alas not by me! I don't think that much was standard but that each was built to order. I am still researching but found that mine was originally specified with electric furling main and genoa from Hood and all B&G instruments. She is the perfect yacht for us and I cannot envisage selling her. I would like to have covers made to cover the windows and deck saloon teak and would like to hear your opinion of these as I believe Narooma has these fitted. I too would be interested to compare notes on some aspects of these yachts and learn more about my own. Kind regards.

What does it sail like?
Those windows look vulnerable, presumably they are toughened glass.

ripvan1

Visit site
Re: Carbineer 46

There's a large old Moody of the carbineer/haldadier/cavalier series in the Camber in Pompey - been there a few years now.

Cloudsurfermike

Visit site
I have owned a Carbineer 46 for a few years and have met only two other owners in that time. I would love to know more about their building history. I know they were built over about 10 years roughly 15 of the 44' and 15 of the 46' (mine, Narooma was launched in 1979), but I would like to know how they developed in that time, how different owners had different specifications and really anything else about their development standard equipment etc. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I'd also love to hear from any other owners past and present!

Just noticed this post it's a bit old wondering if you still own Narooma . I own Katrina III the last Carbineer built in 1990. Any other Carbineer owners out there.
IMG_3338.jpg

dancrane

Visit site
The photo (from Google Maps) is dated 2016, which is since most of the posts here. I wouldn't have said she looks that bad...

53253872422_a619d876e8_o.png

...but I suppose the neglected wood decks and superstructure have made her irrecoverable, if she's filled with decades of rain.

The design's quantity of woodwork (is the deckhouse all wood, or GRP clad in wood for aesthetics?) might be a deterrent to the maintenance-shy.

Handsome design though, kept at its best.