Moody 41 sails

G

I have just purchased a Moody 41, circa 1984. Anyone have views on the cheapest place to buy sails? I need to replace both the rolling genoa and the mainsail.

Also, is there anywhere I might get these from stock?

David.

G

I have just finished searching for a rolling genoa plus hardware and I decided to go to Arun sails for a reasonably priced package of both. Crusader were cheaper but I swayed to Arun ( www.sailmakers.com )for better quality ( I hope ). Crusader ( www.crusadersails.co.uk ) were going to be 8 weeks but Arun should turn in 3. I get them end of this month. If you want from stock then Seateach apparently do any size and I think they get their stock from 'North Sails'. Should be reasonable quality if you want off the shelf sails. They also do a good range of second hand sails if you are on a budget and I believe the 'as new' ones provide a good buy. ( www.Seateach.com ) ......... Happy searching !

G

I dont suppose my sails ex Moody 37 would fit ....? I replaced last year in time for a major long term cruise, but they are unripped and quite serviceable if u wanted a really cheap start (And they FIT!!)