Montenegro info please?

solar

Visit site
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a safe/nice/cheap marina for a year or so there?
I spoke with Port Montenegro...asking more then 8,000 euro per year...crazy!
Thanks.

Hardmy

Visit site
This is not an easy one, I did some little research and found one possible alternative close to Kotor: Google "Little marina Prčanj". I asked them several times, and they were always full. Maybe look also at OMC Marina in Bar and Marina Bar, they seem to be cheaper. But I wasn't personally there.

I ended up wintering my boat between Bari and Brindisi. Much better flight connections and plenty of choice for dry docking your boat.

If you are not familiar with the Kotor Gulf, you may want to look at a couple of pictures I posted in the Mobo forum: http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthrea...taly-summer-cruise-2014&p=5031510#post5031510

Greetings from Frankfurt!

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Can't help you with info , but any reason why you want to leave it in Montenegro ?
There corfu yacht yard by the port which is resonable or the Marina in corfu which it a lot cheaper then the 8000 euro port Montenegro .

solar

Visit site
Thanks!
My boat is planned to be transported next Summer to Tivat, Montenegro so by looking at pic's of the aria I thought maybe to stay around for a year.
Hmmm...but NOT with a price tag like that! Not until I win the lottery anyway...
Monfalcone, Italy is the next on my list.

Palarran

Visit site
It's an odd statement for me that your boat is going to be "transported" to Tivat. Is that by trailer?

Porto Montenegro is the best marina I've ever been to. It's a superyacht marina and caters to it's customers. I'd pay 10,000 euro in a heartbeat for a year there but it would cost me more like 20. I know it's rude, but if you want a cheap price, look for a cheap marina. There is no sense in complaining about the price of the best.

solar

Visit site
Dear Palarran,
Maybe not so odd?...
My boat is planned to be shipped from NL to Montenegro on board of a special yacht transporter ship.
And about the price asked by Porto Montenegro...
Well I'm happy for you that you can afford it...as for me, even If I could it's still a highway robbery for a boat under 12m.NO great service can justify a price that high!
But I may offer to save you around 12,000 euros if you'll be so kind to pay it for me...? :}
I can in return offer you free beer day sailings and lots of sympathy...

Hardmy

Visit site
I agree with Palarran, for me as well, it was the best marina I've been to. But I am not prepared to allocate such amounts of my budget only for mooring. Being a mobo, I could have somewhat offset those costs with the tax free fuel you can buy there (around 60-70ct per liter), but I wanted a more versatile cruising ground anyway (albeit Croatia is close). The gulf of Kotor is wonderful, but I wouldn't spend a whole season there. Then, on top of that I found the flight connections to Tivat to be pretty bad.

IMHO, you will find cheaper berthing and better flight connections around Zadar/Split. We are right now cruising around Corfu, and it ticks also the boxes: interesting cruising ground/accessibility/berthing.

Good luck with your research!

P.S. Out of my personal interest, what can cost such yacht transport between NL and the Med?

BartW

www.amptec.be
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a safe/nice/cheap marina for a year or so there?
I spoke with Port Montenegro...asking more then 8,000 euro per year...crazy!
Thanks.

our homeport is Porte Montenegro atm
I think that PM is focussing on rather bigger boats,
and keep the smaller berths available for the residents having a appartment in the resort

Kotor bay is absolutely a wonderfull place,

you could asc the port from Kotor itself,
they have the cheapest dayrate in the whole region. so probably cheap for a year aswell
if you want I can PM the mobile number of Bojan, the harbour master

In Slano (approx 10miles north of Dubrovnic) they are buylding a brand new marina,
which is supposed to be open for the season,
perhaps they have promotional rates, don't know more

Bar might be cheap, but difficult to reach (far away from any airport)

solar

Visit site
The company's name is SEVENSTARS just google their web page.
I found them cheaper than land transport and without the need of messing twice with the mast.
And YES, it needed a bit of negotiation to lower their first quote...